What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forks Washington Trip (pics)

neon-eon

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring li
I took a trip to Forks last April...here are some pics

barnaclezy3.jpeg

Some barnacles

bogph6.jpeg

The forest floor

bogwalkwayeg3.jpeg

This is a boardwalk that went through a boggy area to a cliff overlooking the sea...

forestbrushee6.jpeg

Just some forest brush

forestfloorzu8.jpeg

What, no rotundifolia!!! an outrage I tell you!

forksbeach2io8.jpeg

The shore

The sea!

Overlooking the sea

A sea cove

A sunset

An opening in the forest

A shelf fungus

Some sphagnum!

A tidepool

I decided to take a little trip, and stumbled into a bog

Beautiful in its boginess!

So what have we learned? there aren't any vampires in forks...and there isn't any Drosera rotundifolia either...but it was still one of my favorite trips of all time!

beautiful, but no sundews?
Looked like an amazing trip.

yeah, no sundews :(...but lots and lots of sphagnum :)...I'm probably moving to either forks or florence when i start up my nurserery...perfect climate for temperate CP's...I bet I could even grow Nepenthes outside in the summer, given I had a shaded area...hmmm...you ever seen any purpurea in NY or NJ??

Great photos, one day I will make a trip out to the Washington/Oregon area, It looks beautiful. Maybe next time you will find some sundews, do you know if any are in that area? Nothing like seeing wild CP's.

Great pictures

I love the NW. The beauty is beyond that which pictures can capture.

One of my favorite places is the Oceanside area of the Oregon coast. Another favorite is the Port Angeles area of Washington. So pretty...

When I got to forks, I searched the net using my cell phone to try and find a specific location...All I found was that they do grow in the Olympic peninsula...It's funny, I've been to the darlingtonia wayside three times, and I've never seen any sundews...

TWILIGHT TWILIGHT I LOVE IT TWILIGHT :) WHERES JACOB WAHHHHH. Bella has to fight Jacob :)

uhg while i love going to Forks, i hate how its been over publicised because of Twilight
im sorry but now that Bella has her own national holiday on her birthday (even though it only shows up on those callenders that old crazy cat women buy) i absolutely feel ashamed to live in this state, much less visit Forks now because of people asking "omg did you see Dr Cullins parking spot" etc etc or other twilight related things...i am so tired of Twilight!!!!!!!!!! maybe its because i work at Hot Topic and its our number 1 selling thing and all the little fan girls do is talk about how they want edward....UHG rant over!!!

BUT HOWEVER, beautiful pictures!!! i love the red Sphagnum sp!

Ive seen Purpurea in Michigan, and Drosera in Ohio/Michigan.

I didnt realize their was that much publicity about Twilight in Washington, I wish they kept the series as a book.

I somehow always end up at movie sets and "cool" places before they are "cool"...I once ended up at the school for gifted students (Xmen 3) while they were shooting a scene upstairs, on a trip to Cananda...They let us go into the museum down below as long as we were quite...When I went to forks, I didn't even know what twilight was, but the lady at the visitors center told us that they were going to film a movie there, and she showed us some book...my dads fiance actually ended up being an extra in the movie...never saw the movie though....but the south park spoof was pretty good..."I must slumber per se"...haha, fan girls...I feel for you man lol...The only thing they ever film in Portland is skate videos...and it's probably best it remain that way.

-GxBxE

What is that plant in the corner of the last photo, looks kinda like a sar pitcher from that angle.

OMG, an Oregon Sarr...I'm famous!!! lol...upper or lower, right or left corner? might be skunk cabbage if what you see is yellow....I like skunk cabbage personally...the leaves are huge, and they grow with the Darlingtonia...

Back