What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very Important, be careful.

• Thread starter Halt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    space
My mom told me, that if people from the "phone company" ( fake people) call you, and wants to talk to you about your phone thing, and askes you to press Pound the #, it will give them access to your bank account, and they will use your money without concern.
Also she said:
#2 www.yahoo-photos. net is a BIG Virus, do not click it. For some of you that think im kidding. Im not. It's a big virus. I put the space between the . so you curious kids won't be tempted to open it.

Just to clear it up:
Do not open: www.yahoo-photos. net (space between, for yet the same reason, so your curious little mouses will not open.)
Do not open this kind of files: can.exe.bat.pig

Just be safe with what you open, and open from what you trust in.

My mom told me, that if people from the "phone company" ( fake people) call you, and wants to talk to you about your phone thing, and askes you to press Pound the #, it will give them access to your bank account, and they will use your money without concern.

How would they have access to your bank account information unless you gave it to them? Your bank account isn't tied to your home phone line.

xvart.

How would they have access to your bank account information unless you gave it to them? Your bank account isn't tied to your home phone line.

"*Disclaimer before you use my advice:I dont get most of the things i post because im 12."

-Ben

I think the charges post to your phone account, not your bank account. Same idea as 900 numbers, or those services that let you text a number to buy ringtones or whatever.
~Joe

Yes, they are scams that can tap into your phone line and incur charges that way. They do not actually have access to your bank account information. Mainly they just use your phone line to make long distance/international calls.

Back