What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPs and Martha Stewart

huh, very cool! Thanks for the link!

She kind of goes nuts with that basket huh? Ive never seen that many plants put into a basket before lol, ah well....to each their own! Im thinking they put them in there so "neglectful" probably because of the time "crunch" for each segment. Hopefully they went back and worked em in a little better.

I was sad to see the sundews not so dewy. I was ready to laugh when she touched the dew, as I avoid touching mine...feels like sticky snot, scares the heck out of me for some reason lol!....I was prepared for a good reaction. oh well.

those are some pretty awsome neps though...hopefully Ill have somewhere to grow some in the future. :)

I believe she touched the ping, not the drosera - but I don't remember the clip very well.
To me, drosera dew feels more like soap rather than being sticky. When pulling out capensis I've gotten a LOT of mucilage on my hands. It feels soapy and slick - like animal slime - except that it doesn't wash off easily.

As far as Martha, the only episode I've seen on CPs with her was long before she was an ex-con! She interviewed James Pieterpaulo the author of Carnivorous Plants of the World.
Is everyone forgetting about when she had Peter D'Amato on her show?? It was a very good segment and as far as factual information goes..was quite good.

Is everyone forgetting about when she had Peter D'Amato on her show?
Aw, I never saw that episode. Peter D'Amato resembles fairy / goblin artist Brian Froud - they both look like little elves... or hobbits! :-D

Anyone know what month and year peter was on?

Apparently he was featured on Oct 13th 2000.

Great, thank you. Now i have to look in her archive for him.

Back