What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pest

I saw this thingy; jumping around in my pot; so i put the pot thing in a container; and flooded it. I read around somewhere; that VFT's can stay flooded for several monthes, so I thought this would be the best thing. I took some pictures; but it was hard, their white things, and now since i've flooded it; do I just dump the water? Also; this plant has the highest flower stalk, will it be okay; since it's getting light? I've flooded it; but their not dieing; their standing on the surface, just like Aang on Avatar. Haha; lol. Hmm; they jump around then after a couple seconds, they stop; and jump again. I hope it'll be okay; i just did the best a 12 year old can do. :)

Can you get a more in-focus pic? The only small, white, jumping things I can think of are passion-vine hopper larvae. But these don't have furry tails, (tufts of fur on their rears) do they?
Passion vine hopper babies have furry bits on the end of their bums.
Hmmm...

bet yah they are prolly springtails

i agree with rattler. Springtails. look em up. ;)

aww man; i wasted water. T_T; I flooded it, then i dumped it out. :(

Yep, springtails. :p Nothing to worry about.

Back