What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pet peeves

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date
When people think lacrosse, my favorite sport to play, is either hockey, field hockey, or some dead indiana game.

I hear that!

Mine are also,

Falling off my skateboard (dealing with the healing process)
Waiting for packages to arrive
Not being able to find a good anger outlet

When blokeman has a call and I am talking to him. -_-

Kamil

Not being able to find a good anger outlet
Just quit being angry and only do things that you enjoy and that make you truly happy to be doing (out side of your job obligations). Drop all associations that aren't working for you. Stop thinking about topics that make you nuts - like stop making lists of things that irritate you is a start! Often the answer to some of life's problems can "appear" to you later when you're relaxed and not jack-hammering the idea around your brain. As far as other people giving you grief - forget them entirely if they are not in your immediate vicinity. They exist as an irritant to you only as long as you allow them to, and that's a form of allowing them power over you by letting them "get to you". It sounds crazy to say it's all that easy to dispell these demons but it really is.

I hate my boring job of stuffing electric bills and 401k statements on a giant inserting machine but every minute I'm not there I dedicate to doing every thing I can to enjoy every moment I have to myself. I wake up every day not dedicated to work (2 days on, two off, two on, two off...) and think "what would make me happiest to do today (or next)" and then I go and do it whatever it is I want to do most. It may be considered a "hedonistic lifestyle" by some but I think if I'm not happy why should I even bother to exist. I got very tired of being miserable and angry all the time. It's so much nicer to live in a happy universe. It's not hard to be there but it is hard to get there as it takes a reformation of the pessimistic thinking imparted to us by our society and usually a dramatic change in lifestyle where your goal is the center of your universe. It helps a lot to give up television & radio like the bad habits they are since they only reinforce this idea that happiness is a ridiculous and unattainable goal. Only you know what will really make you happy and able to enjoy life -don't listen to anyone else's idea of what will or will not make you happy - they don't know. But once you decide on something go and forth and do that. Nothing else need exist but your goal and your work towards it. In this process you will suddenly find happiness and discover a loss of all that anger. It will happen I can guarantee it - it happened to me! :)

things that bug me slightly

*mothers of crying babies that do absolutely nothing to calm the baby:cry:
*when you have a flashing left turn signal(that only lasts 6-7 seconds), and the guy in front is oblivious to your honking :nono:
*my brother hates the sound of crunching snow beneath his feet...:-O
*forgetting to put you appartment # on you paypal profile (canada post automatically ships it back to sender):crap:
*in reference to above: waiting a week, 2 weeks, and finally realising your paypal profile info is not correct...:rant:
*all pics are blocked for me at work (not the european sites tho...shhhhh):comp:
*no internet at home:lac:
*people who excessively use emoticons :crazy:
*people who knowingly ignore any cp questions that are valid questions:thumbdown:

People that let their office phone cords get wrapped, doubled, tripled and quadrupled knotted to the point where you go to use it and phone base comes along for the ride with the handset.

I mean, how hard is it to "de-knot" the cord after you've used the phone? Not only is a knotted phone cord impractical it also looks sloppy. It screams, "I'm simply too lazy to straighten out things as I use them."

Ugghhhhh............

One other thing: friends that don't knock the snow, dirt and salt from their shoes/boots before riding in my clean vehicle. "Didn't you just see ME knock the crap off my shoes as I entered my car?? C'mon, have a little respect here dude.........."

Thank you, ;)

People who think your their friend and they keep talking to you and such. It's annoying because you don't--or I don't-- have the heart to tell them to go away.
People who are practically a leech on you.

Oh, when I ask my mom to get me something and she does, but I never get a bite. That has even happened with fruit! I asked for grapes, my mom gets them, and my brother takes them all to the basement. The next day I ask, she says she got them, I got downstairs and my brother is sitting next to an empty grape vine! He also steals my school snacks because he doesn't want to waste his.

It's amazing that people survive so much trauma, with the only long-term effect being an interest in carnivorous plants.

Reading all these helped me think of two more:

1- Saying 'wash' as 'warsh' - since when does 'sh' make an 'ar' sound?

2- Those stupid bluetooth earsets. With the blinking lights. That 'I wanna look important' types wear. And that make people laugh at them, sometimes in their face. Yeah - I hate those.

I have another one: When my teacher loses an assignment I turned in, thinks I didn't turn it in, doesn't look for it, and I get an F.

Wet grass. I HATE walking in wet grass barefooted.

yeah, wet grass is awful! I also hate unorganized people that are rude. I have a kid next to me that is always let to class, has an awful and messy locker and spreads his mess so I have to either push them out of my way making him mad or wait and be late because he wont move if I ask him to.

Here's a few:

1. Billy Mays voice. Not ALL of us are deaf for cripe sake!

2. Adults, nay, ANYONE using the word 'prolly' instead of 'probably'...especially if they have half an ounce of an education.

1) Depending upon other people, especially when they cause me to be late

2) Clutter / messy rooms / dirty dishes

3) Making noise / turning lights on when I'm trying to sleep

4) Dangling participles

5) The current misuse of the word, "anymore"

6) People who don't greet you, even with a head nod or fake smile when they pass you.

Common courtesy going by the wayside. Now not so common I guess.

People getting tax rebates that didn't acutally pay any taxes.

Lazy people bug the stuff out of me.

I second Billy May's and offer up the "SHAMWOW" guy as well.

Oooooh yeah, LOL...the SHAMWOW guy. Forgot about him. Great product...but what's with the headset?

Great product...but what's with the headset?

Allegedly he had a stroke in 2000 or 2001 and it's to try to distract from the fact that he can't control the right side of his face very well.

Do you actually have a shamwow? How well does it work?

The Shamwow Guy (Vince) is actually a pretty interesting character. Search for his falling-out with the Church of Scientology on google for some good times.

prolly( :D ) the fact most ppl these days cant do anything for themselves and rely on others than complain that things didnt go right, everything seems to be the other guys fault anymore and few take personal responsibility......

oh and newbies here complaining bout the price of rare plants......step away from the computer and find a job....i was doing odd jobs for the neighbors at 10, had an actual after school job as soon as it was legal for someone to hire me and have been working ever since......ive got 2 jobs now and cant wait till my buddy is healed up so i can give up more of my free time to lay carpet.....stuff costs money, get off your rear and get a job if yah want stuff............

Do you actually have a shamwow? How well does it work?

Its a great product. Professional swim teams use them as towels to dry off quickly. This guy is just selling it for normal people who have no clue what it really is. Though I don't think the carpet thing is THAT true because their still should have been a puddle near the carpet.

Back