What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terraforums Fantasy Nascar Racing 09

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Last year was my first year to play Fantasy NASCAR thanks to Ozzy.

It was a very close last year and came down to the last race between Ozzy and myself. I was able to hold off his late season charge and ended up in 1st place. :banana2:
So I have the privilege to start up the 2009 Fantasy NASCAR.

I would like to invite anyone who would like to play to sign up.

http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/group/14974

Group ID#: 14974
Group Password:letsgoracing

I hope I did this correct.

Right from the overview on the website:

Welcome to Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Auto Racing, where you run your own fantasy team of real professional drivers.

Each week, before qualifying begins, you choose an eight-driver team from among three groupings of eligible drivers. Then, before the race, you select four starting drivers for your team.

So, the challenge is not only to pick the best team race in and race out, but also to manage your team in a way that produces the highest possible fantasy score.

Each driver can receive a maximum of 90 fantasy points during each race. The top 45 finishers receive points, with the winning driver getting the maximum 90, and other drivers receiving 2 fewer points for every spot they finish behind the leader (e.g., the second-place driver gets 88 points, the third-place driver gets 86).

You receive the total points earned by all active drivers on your team provided that they haven't already been active in nine races (see the Maximum Starts section for more information).

Bonus points are awarded to each of the drivers with the 4 best starting positions after qualifying. The top qualifier receives 10 bonus points, the second receives 5, the third receives 3 and the fourth receives 1. Because qualifying for Daytona 500 is broken up over 2 days, these bonus points are not awarded for the Daytona 500.

An additional 10 bonus points are awarded to each driver who leads at least 1 lap during a race. The driver leading the most laps during a race also earns another 10 bonus points. To earn these bonus points for your fantasy team, a driver must be on your team and active during the race.

If a race is officially canceled, no fantasy team receives any points for that race. All other scoring rules stay the same. If qualifying or a race is delayed or postponed, no points are awarded until it's completed. If qualifying is canceled and the starting grid is determined by Sprint Cup points standings, no qualifying bonus points are awarded.

The link to read about it:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/racing/rules/

OMG what more can a girl want, NASCAR and CP"s. A true dream come true!!

rut roh ElGecko,

I've known 424 for years and between us.... you and Oz are in trouble mate, the deck has been stacked LOL

Av

Now wait a minute! Don't go deciding already who will be the contenders!

Ok...well...I didn't do so well last year because at the end, I kept forgetting to pick drivers. However, let it be noted I kicked some male (you know what) during the first 6 weeks or so.

I'll try to do better this year!

Steve and Ozzy and Butch...you will not be the only ones contending for the championship!

And....GO JEFF BURTON for 2009!!

BTW...it would be nice to have serious players. Every year a bunch of people sign up and then stop playing after a couple of weeks. Let's make it a BIG field this year.

Wish Jan were around....

LOL, PAK it isnt me, I know nothing about nascar.... I'm not even signing up

but be afraid, be very afraid

hehehehehe ;)

welcome to TF 424, it's about time!!

Hi all

Thanks for the welcome Av8tor

I have not done a fantasy league, but defiantly interested, I will go and read the rules. I have always done individual drivers and pretty clear whom my driver is.

Thanks eveyone

Hey Kelly,

Nice to see ya here. :D

Ok I am hoping to redeem myself from a dismal placing last year. I now have a computer again and can actually participate on a weekly basis. Good luck everyone. See ya at the tracks!!

Cheers
Steve

Fantasy nascar sounds interesting- I can make the sport more interesting in my head with imaginaaation *draws rainbow with hands*

Oh, whats that? This isn't about that? Never mind. (I kid, I kid!)

PAK,
Clean out your inbox!! I can not get this message off to you.

About the link not working......
It will say something like you are not a member of the group.
If you sign into your yahoo account on that page I think you should be able to sign up then.

LOL Ohhhh...yeah. My PM box. It's as bad as my email. :-/

Yeah, it gave me some message like that. I'm glad you reminded me. Things are on the fast track here.

Hey! I just made a little pun by accident! :-D

I'm in...where is everybody??

C'mon y'all. I don't know anything about racing except that bird looks like red spray when hit at a 180 MPH and that Kurt Bush is a butthead.

Count me in if the field isn't full.

All are welcome to join.
I do not think there is any limit to the amount of people that can join.

So let's go racing!

DYFLAM!!!!!!!!!! Where have you been!!

:-O

I wish Jan were around....

What's up PAK? Saw commercials for the Daytona 500 and made me think of the Terraforums Cup.

No invite for me... you kids have fun. Kick some arse PAK!

Dyflam, It doesnt invite that way.

Go to Yahoo fantasy racing, http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto

Select "Sign up now"

Create your team name and select your preferences. Then Join private group... enter the group name and PW as described above, and you are all set.

Hope to see you there soon.

Cheers
Steve

Back