What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remember Spring?

• Thread starter Presto
  • Start date

Presto

wicked good plants!
Staff member
I don't know about your neck of the woods, but here in Rhode Island it is nasty outside. Snow is changing to rain and everything is icy and slushy and cold and gray.

So...here are some pictures from the NECPS May 2008 meeting, when we went to visit the New York Botanical Garden. Everything was in bloom! It certainly cheered me up to look at them today...spring is just around the corner! :water:

http://picasaweb.google.com/emily.troiano/NYBotanicalGarden?feat=directlink

Enjoy!

Spring wouldn't be the same without some serious winter ahead of it. I'll be starting some lettuce seedlings in a week or two and tomatoes won't be far behind. So, in a way, spring is almost here. Snowy winter evenings are perfect for looking at seed catalogs.

my peach tree is just breaking bud! winter last 3 weeks over hear lol! not to rub it in... :p

And all my HL neps are loving life in my unheated GH right now too! :D

In Western NY it looks like this - only cloudy:

IMG_0436.jpg

Winter is 60% over!
3 months down, only 2 more to go..

Scot

i should see spring in another three months, yesterday was the first day above 0 in a week.......suck it up yah wusses :D

Very nice pictures, Emily! Everything looks so lush and green. Sorry I had to miss out on the fun times this time around.

i should see spring in another three months, yesterday was the first day above 0 in a week.......suck it up yah wusses :D

lol. I love it.

xvart.

:D we keep the house at about 62*, hasnt even been a cold winter and ive experienced a change in temp of 100 degrees in 12 steps between the living room and the truck out on the driveway......plays hell with your lungs if yah dont prepare for it........

Southern England is doing well with over a foot of snow today! Just an inch or so for me in the north :-(

febsnow0908.jpg

febsnow0909.jpg

Well, I guess the groundhog was wrong for this area, because I see a flower bud poking up on my Darlingtonia and to me that says Springtime...
~Joe

Spring comes here in historic old Oswego NY around April Fools day for survivors.

Spring comes here in historic old Oswego NY around April Fools day for survivors.

But it's important to make sure that it isn't just Ozzy outside with a few bright lights playing a prank on you.

we prolly should define "spring"...........ive had frosts that killed unprotected tomato plants the last week of May........generally i think its spring when the ground squirrels start coming out.....thats about mid April depending on the year......the garden on the north side of the house dont really thaw out and start growing until into May.......on the south side of the house, if there is no snow, the hardier stuff sometimes starts waking up the end of March.....

WOW Alexis! That's awesome! :-O

I wish we'd get snow. It's 20 degrees outside now. I'm wearing a long-sleeved Tshirt and two thick hoodie sweatshirts...and I'm still cold.

The entire month of January has been really really cold...but nothing but a few flakes of snow and a little ice.

This was forwarded to me a hobbyist:

mail

Well, I guess the groundhog was wrong for this area, because I see a flower bud poking up on my Darlingtonia and to me that says Springtime...
~Joe

Yep, all true, my sarr's pushing up a flower as well.

Some of my windowsill grown threadleaf dews are breaking their hibernation cones already.

I think one of my D. filiformis is breaking it's dormant bud and my S. flava rubricorpra is make the first mature pitcher of the season for me.

Back