What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Bowl predictions

Arizona 30 - 17 and, at half time, Bruce Springsteen will rip Clarence Clemons' shirt, revealing a strategically-placed star. Then again, my predictions are generally wrong.

I predict I wont find out the results until a week or two from now when I'm in lab, trying not to get blown up by the people sitting around me, when someone will just happen to bring it up.

Also, I have to admit that your prediction made me chuckle, Bruce.

Steelers 34
Cardinals 10

I'm rooting for the Cardinals, just because they've never been there before.

I watched a superbowl once..I think it was around 1977..

Scot

steelers will win

I'm a big Steelers fan, so of course I want them to win.
I just hope it's a good close game and not a blow out for either team.

I watched a superbowl once..I think it was around 1977..

Scot

haha - same here. So who's in it again this year? My bet is...someone will win!:-))

I am betting on the Detroit Lions, since they set a record involving wins this season.

I predict little green men will land, take the game ball away, get back on their ship and make the score on their home planet of Omicron Persei 9.

But I have made erroneous predictions before! :D

On a side note I've never watched a football game. They tried to get me to play it in school once, I just didn't see the point to any of those kinds of activities.

I played football once in elementary school - I broke a kid's ankle. Since then I haven't been very keen on the game. Throwing a good spiral is an interesting skill, though.
~Joe

I am betting on the Detroit Lions, since they set a record involving wins this season.

Actually, it was their losses, eclipsing last year's Dolphins and the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Here's a quote from an interview with John McKay, after their 0-14 season:

McKay often came up with humorous one-liners during press conferences. One of the best-known quips came when he was asked, "What do you think about your team's execution?" McKay responded, "I'm all for it!"

I'm glad that this year's Super Bowl wasn't a blowout. Too bad a 100 yard interception return for a TD totally affected the outcome.

ah man the Steelers got totally lucky. The interception was ridculous, and the last catch i still think wasn't good (holmes had a foot up IMO). Poor cardinals. :/

Actually, it was their losses, eclipsing last year's Dolphins and the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Here's a quote from an interview with John McKay, after their 0-14 season:

I'm glad that this year's Super Bowl wasn't a blowout. Too bad a 100 yard interception return for a TD totally affected the outcome.

There record still involved wins, the fact that they didn't have any. Though I am in favor of their execution too. But it was a rebuilding year, like every year since 1957. :jester:

As for the super bowl I am glad it was a game too. Though I think the fact that an interception went 100 yards proves just how important a good defense that plays as a team can be. He wouldn't have made it if he didn't have everyone out there blocking for him.

Yeah It sucks that the steelers won again. O well hope next year the bills will be there....

It was as exciting as a Superbowl can be, meaning it was 10% as good as a good college game, but I wasn't happy about the Steelers winning. I should like them, because I like the city and my father's family is from there, but that quarterback of theirs rubs me the wrong way for reasons I don't understand. There are plenty of people who think differently and I'm confident he'll get by without my support.

i completely 100% agree Bruce. College games are the best (especially when USC wins!), and Rothlesberger is a total...im not sure but i dont like it.

It was an awesome game. I'm just depressed the season is over now. What am I gonna do now... watch basketball? I'm a panthers fan but why is everyone hating on big Ben?

All I know is that Comcast sure didn't predict what'd be broadcast in Az on their SD broadcast near the end of the game.

Really, I don't think anyone but one or two people saw it coming.

For those of you in the dark: Read about what happened here.

Specifically... Tucson Arizona :0o: :-O LOL

Back