What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking Exercise of the day.

carnivoure12

Hear the Call of Nepenthes
Hey everyone,

I just remembered, a thinking/riddle question which I would like to share with all of you, and see if you can answer it. This is just for fun lets see who's smart enough. (This does not mean the others are dum)

This is from my days living in Colombia, my old math teacher loved riddles:

Today, a group of brothers are celebrating their 40th Birthday. They were born from the same mother, and they all share the same biological father. Yet they are not twins, how is this possible?

Lets see if you can answer it its easy, I have harder ones though.

Leap years?
~Joe

Their not twins their 4tuplets or 3tuplets or w.e the group of brothers number is?

"(This does not mean the others are dum)"

the missing 'B' at the end of dumb really made that funny to me

it was a good riddle though :)

Either that or it's their 40th Birthday collectively.

clone ?

The correct answer is they are triplets, or any other number above. Capensis and Halt get a point.

Here's the Riddle for the Feb 5th:

A farmer is looking and walking through his crops, inspecting for any problems. He comes upon a pond and see's his reflection, and notices his beard and hair are quite messy and long. The Farmer decides to head to town, and get a hair cut and grooming. There are only 2 barbershops in the tiny village. Barber Shop A Is extremely messy, there is hair all over the place, the barber himself is a complete mess, his beard and hair filthy and long., and his tools are all over the place. Barber Shop B Is very clean and tidy, the barber is clean shaven his hair freshly washed and combed. Everything is very neat.

Q; Which of the two barber shops did he choose? Why?

the messy one because he is good and gets tons of business? that's why it's messy.

Zero you got it, very good job!, shall I post another one?

A, because he's "A farmer!"
or because in B the barber hadn't cut his hair, just washed it and groomed it. No hair on the floor = no haircut. just a bit late on that one.

Current Tally

Zero - 1
Ant - 1
Halt - 1

um, capensis didn't get that right in the chat! it was me...

hehe, zero's answer makes sense :)

matei

Yeah, Ant said the answer. I was about to say it, but Ant beat me to it. :p

I haves two riddles.

What is so delicate that when you say its name it is broken?

What is the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, the beginning of every end, and the end of every place?

Capensis for the second one its E

...Darn. xD You got it, Carn.

idk, is the first one secret?

Back