What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It'll be here before you know it!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
What you might be asking?

The Annual NASC Benefit Auction!

Yes, we are working on it already.

And...we listened, and agreed, with some who contacted us that the auction needed to be held earlier. With the payment and shipping times added in, it was getting a little warm to ship plants.

SO...the Auction, generously supported with forum hosting by our ForumMeister Andrew and FlyTrapShop.com, the auction will run from

Saturday, April 11th through Saturday, April 25th, 2009.
That will be the two weeks to list donations, followed by two weeks to pay and then two weeks to ship.

Last year, as I'm sure many of you remember, we had the unexpected forum crash in the last couple of minutes of the auction. (Sorry Andrew... :-( ). That has never happened to us before. However, Andrew is moving to a new server and will have more bandwidth and we should be fine! (Just don't y'all keep open 100 tabs or anything, just to be safe.)

NASC has been very appreciative of the amazing support given to us each year with the auction. Plus..it's just FUN! So I hope you all will start some leaf pulls or sow some seeds or take some cuttings with NASC in mind. It's 2 1/2 months til the auction but it will go fast! It will be here before you know it!

Also, as you might have already seen, NASC now has its 501(c)3 non-profit status which means donations are tax-deductible. (Note: bids are not "donations"; they are purchases).

So mark your calendars and please consider making an item donation at some point within the 2 week auction period...anything that will bring a bid! We usually get all kinds of items from rare neps to...spam. (Yeah..real spam...)

We will post more details in the future but I wanted to let y'all know the dates since we moved it up!

Got a question? Ask it here! Got a suggestion? Make it here or PM a NASC Board member (me, Est, Ozzy, Schloaty, Xvart).

Thank you all!

Ooh, yay! Hopefully, we raise even MORE this time! I might have things for the NASC. :)

Bravo! Much earlier this year as well - I'm really looking forward to it!

Now I'll go mark my calendars multiple times in several different colors of pens...

Bravo! Much earlier this year as well - I'm really looking forward to it!

Yup, we received input that people would like to see the auction run earlier to avoid unfavorable shipping conditions. Ask and ye shall receive! ;)

Nope- no more bandwidth... we've never even come close to that... although it is a much better server hardware wise... better processor (dual core) LOTS more ram, HDDs that can deliver data faster etc. :) so yeah, there shouldn't be a problem with that. But like pak said- lets not open 100 tabs each just to be safe. heh. Now I just gotta get everything moved before this happens! Make sure you read the Announcement or the post in the terraforums announcement forum.

Andrew

Nope- no more bandwidth... we've never even come close to that... although it is a much better server hardware wise... better processor (dual core) LOTS more ram, HDDs that can deliver data faster etc. :) so yeah, there shouldn't be a problem with that. But like pak said- lets not open 100 tabs each just to be safe.
Fine, fine. I'll limit myself to 30 or so.....:poke:

Seriously, though Andrew, Thanks for the work, time, & $$ you have put into the forums so we could spend all our free time having fun here.

Also, Thanks to PAK and the rest of the NASC crew and volunteers for the work they put in to getting the auction set up and running smoothly (or at least a minimum of speed bumps).

I'm going to have to second that! Thanks a ton guys!

Muhahah now I can get Dave's Delicious Fiery Dragon Sauce earlier in the year!!!
(assuming he makes it that is!)

Last edited:
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I guess it's time to start some cuttings.

Muhahah now I can get Dave's Delicious Fiery Dragon Sauce earlier in the year!!!
(assuming he makes it that is!)

You better hope he makes two batches. ;)

YAY!!!! It looks like Christmas is coming early this year!

I guess it's time to start some cuttings.
Good point - so what's on folk's wishlists this year? If enough people want a specific item, maybe someone who has it will find a way to get it in the auction (take a cutting, give up a 'spare', donate to the auction vs selling on ebay, etc ......)

I can't wait. I'll probably have some ping pullings ready by then, and I have a bunch of VFT pullings.

Can someone make a wishlist page like last year? I would but I don't know if I have the authority to do so haha. I know some live sphagnum and some nep cuttings would be a nice treat.

Good point - so what's on folk's wishlists this year? If enough people want a specific item, maybe someone who has it will find a way to get it in the auction (take a cutting, give up a 'spare', donate to the auction vs selling on ebay, etc ......)

Can someone make a wishlist page like last year? I would but I don't know if I have the authority to do so haha. I know some live sphagnum and some nep cuttings would be a nice treat.

Originally we were going to wait a while to make a wishlist thread, but it's true that people want to know what people are interested in. The wishlist thread can be found here.

Back