What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone have ra?

I think I might have RA. My ring finger is now visibly twisting and hurts very bad. Yet Docs only blow me off... I sorta need some advice on how to get a doctor to listen to you.
Thanks
Susan

What is RA? I'm not familiar with the abbreviation.

xvart.

LOL! At first I thought it was a reference to Egyptian mythology, but this really isn't funny if it refers to Rheumatoid Arthritis. My wife has it. It starts small and simple, like being stiff in the morning and/or hip pain. And then it gets worse. Implore a physician run blood tests to see what you have. It may not be R.A. It may not be anything auto-immune at all. It may be Lupus. But unless you get tests run, you won't know and won't be able to do anything about it.

Feel free to PM of Email me for more info.

my friend just was diagnosed with RA. Her ankles swelled up and she went to the doctor and they didnt now what it was and then went through several sets of antibiotics until they realized it was RA. very sad. I am sorry to hear that

i would get it officially diagnosed, than get a second opinion.......could be lupus but i would think the treatment for RA and Lupus should be along the same lines as they are both auto-immune diseases.....lupus often goes misdiagnosed for along time......could be an odd expression of Lyme disease as it affects joints.....get to a doc and if he wont listen to you, dont fight with him, go to a different doc............

It may not be as serious as R.A. or Lupus. It could be regular arthritis.

They funny thing is that would be great. But serious arthritis at 24 almost 25 is pretty rare right?

actually depends.............were you heavy into sports in high school and college? if so which ones? hell im 27 and have the start of arthritis in my upper back/lower neck due to a single stupid stunt......

I only ran cross country, played some basketball and softball but thats about it.

than sports is unlikely though as with my back a single event can get it started and you wont have any issues till years later....i hurt my back in 2000 but didnt start having issues until 7 years later......find a doc and see what he says.........

You know that old saying, "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"? That's pretty much where I am with R.A. and ADD and Asperger's Syndrome and.... I've got family members with each of these. All have symptoms that are in common with other things, so it's really easy to get a mis-diagnosis from us'ns. (Same with cars!) As long as you have health coverage, I would practically demand tests to be run, as soon as possible. Some things do delay and some things gradually get worse.

Back