What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Final Destination

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
TheFinalDestinationPoster.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1144884/

On what should have been a fun-filled day at the races, Nick O'Bannon has a horrific premonition in which a bizarre sequence of events causes multiple race cars to crash, sending flaming debris into the stands, brutally killing his friends and causing the upper deck of the stands to collapse on him. When he comes out of this grisly nightmare Nick panics, persuading his girlfriend, Lori, and their friends, Janet and Hunt, to leave...escaping seconds before Nick's frightening vision becomes a terrible reality. Thinking they've cheated death, the group has a new lease on life, but unfortunately for Nick and Lori, it is only the beginning. As his premonitions continue and the crash survivors begin to die one-by-one--in increasingly gruesome ways--Nick must figure out how to cheat death once and for all before he, too, reaches his final destination. The film marks the latest in the highly popular "Final Destination" series, and its first 3D installment, giving horror fans an especially visceral thrill ride.

The Final Destination will be released in August 2009

FinalDestination4picture2.jpg

FinalDestination4picture1.jpg

FinalDestination4picture3.jpg

When I was young I really used to like horror flicks (old Freddy & his knife glove was my fave when I was a kid -Elm Street #2) but they got so samey after a while. I've never heard of this film series but I haven't really seen many movies since about 2000!

I'd really like to see a horror movie that isn't just violence and gore but completely weird and psychedelic. Lot's of of discordant scenes, overlays, blends of dark comedy and completely surreal horror. Not any kind of commonplace horror of guns, knives, etc. Something that upon repeat viewings might really begin to twist your mind and make you look at things differently. In that regard Natural Born Killers was one of my all-time faves but I'd like something that goes even beyond that in testing the boundaries of sanity, culture and consciousness.

I've seen #3, I think. I actually kind of found it funny, in a weird way. But I loved the ending where the grill exploded and the guy's arm landede in front of this lady and she just screamed... xD

I've seen #3, I think. I actually kind of found it funny, in a weird way. But I loved the ending where the grill exploded and the guy's arm landede in front of this lady and she just screamed... xD

That was the ending of Final Destination 2. The ending of Final Destination 3 has a massive subway accident.

Oh, I didn't really remember which one I watched, but all I know it was a Final Destination movie.

I really don't like movies like that. But some of those other horror movies are pretty cool. Jeepers Creepers was messed up though.

New production still was released today:

FinalDestination4picture4.jpg

edit

I never considered the Final Destination series to be in the horror genre. Most of the elaborate deaths were laughable in all of the installments.

I'd really like to see a horror movie that isn't just violence and gore but completely weird and psychedelic. Lot's of of discordant scenes, overlays, blends of dark comedy and completely surreal horror. Not any kind of commonplace horror of guns, knives, etc. Something that upon repeat viewings might really begin to twist your mind and make you look at things differently. In that regard Natural Born Killers was one of my all-time faves but I'd like something that goes even beyond that in testing the boundaries of sanity, culture and consciousness.

I really recommend the Korean film, A Tale of Two Sisters (2003). Very solid acting and great direction. The cinematography is stunning. The film itself leaves you very satisfied after the first watch, but subsequent viewings allows you to learn even more about the plot.

Movie is coming out on August 28, 2009. That's a little more than a month away!

Back