What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skunk with Mange or...?

No, mange is not involved. And neither is he a skunk, or a rat despite some people wondering what the heck species he is. Here are just some pics of the guinea pig I just adopted last week. He is a 3-4 month old skinny pig which is a (mostly) hairless breed. I saw him a week ago when I ran in to a new petstore to get some food for my current brat and this dude was in the adoption corner’s display. Apparently he was there for some time with little interest so no surprise when I was back a week later *just to see* if he was still there, yep he was so he came home with me. Now I could use some help with a good name for him. Sure he came with a name but I refuse to accept him as “Fuzzy”… so please help with some suggestions? I am sorta leaning towards “Al as in Alopecia” but he doesn’t seem like an Al so throw anything out there please?

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

And here is my other piggie Izzy an abyssinian, who hopefully will be best buds with the newbie, or at least manage to tolerate the little guy whose whole reason I got him was to be a companion for him in the first place so now of course that I said this they will never be able to coexist in the same pen and will have to live in separate pens side by side forever…sigh, critters with attitude. My life being bossed around by a bundle of 2lbs of fuzz...

DSC00089-1.jpg

DSC00091-1.jpg

DSC00070-1.jpg

Aaw, I love guinea pigs. I've owned a couple before. I've never seen the hairless kind before though. I'm never good at picking names for anything, so I can't help there.

allegedhuman said:
My life being bossed around by a bundle of 2lbs of fuzz...
LOL! He looks like a Calvin, but you really can't tell without know their personality.;)

I like Al. But if that's not your thing, you could shorten Alopecia to "Opie."
~Joe

Well; if you're the sort who would name a pet rabbit Hassenpfeffer, you could name the guinea pig Picante de Cuy. It has a regal ring to it, even if it means spicey guinea pig. I've been told it's on the menu of one of the nearby Peruvian restaurants.

I was beaten to saying you should name him Cuy (Coo-ee) as that is the spanish derivative of the native quechua word for Guinea pigs. They are called cuy because that is the sound they make and if you have some I am sure you know that by now.

They are a delicacy in Peru so if those two dont get along......

Back