What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum move: COMPLETED!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
WELCOME BACK TO TERRAFORUMS!

So, after I don't even know how many combined hours of work (and waiting) the forums have finally been moved over to the new server and are running on the new mysql5 database... I don't really know what all of this means, but hopefully a server that doesn't go down during the final moments of the NASC auction and just over all better performance and reliability... Only time will tell!

Thanks to everyone for sticking around, and hanging in there with me! I see now that some people are able to get here, while others are getting errors still... as time goes by and more of the DNS servers all over the world get the information on where to find the forum on the new server more and more people will get access here over the next day or day and a half... Cya around!
Andrew

Good job Andy! :banana2:

Yep, back online and all there. Thanks, Andrew, it is a lot of hard work and sweating bullets waiting to see if a move will work.

Yes thank you!

I still keep getting the "ERROR 403 You are trying to access a site for which you don't have permission" page every so often.. is this normal?

Once it works, it should work. I can't think of a reason why it would work sometime and not others... since it is always going to the same document. It could depend on what connection you're using to connect to this place I guess.. therefor it would depend on if that particular DNS has been updated yet... If you still have it in a couple of days, please let me know.
Andrew

It looks Excellent!

Once it works, it should work. I can't think of a reason why it would work sometime and not others... since it is always going to the same document. It could depend on what connection you're using to connect to this place I guess.. therefor it would depend on if that particular DNS has been updated yet... If you still have it in a couple of days, please let me know.

I know that I get that error if I try to go to http://terraforums.com. If you include the www, it's all good. This is for all pages. Was that always the case?

I'll let you know if it persists. Glad that the move went without any apparent hitches!

I believe the with www or without www thing is just dependent on different DNS servers... Last night for a while I could only get to one or the other and get an error with the other. By this AM both have been working fo rme. I'm on Comcast... I'm over at my parents right now and they are on Cox, and I can use it with or without www here as well. It very well may be something as (as has been suggested to me) but I really don't know of any other DNS settings than the (very basic) ones I've made. I think the rest are automatic *shrug* Right now I'm playing the "Wait enough time for all DNS severs to get updated and then see what's going on" game. That seems like step one to me before I go trying to hunt down a problem and make more changes maybe before everything is even updated in the first place :)

PLEASE remember to let me know if you still get errors. As a matter of fact, please let me know also if they go away. (I don't like the "no news is good news" thing, I'd rather be told the good news LOL)

Thanks all :)
Andrew

Back