What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6TH ANNUAL NASC BENEFIT AUCTION!! Details inside!

Hi blokeman, it will be stated in each auction whom will be responsible for shipping. Some auctions have free shipping while others require the highest bidder to pay. I'll have to request that the winners pay shipping again this year as I'm still poor :).

Crystal

Crystal is correct. Just to be more clear though, if a listing says you will have to pay for shipping, then you mail your winning bid amount to NASC, and the shipping cost to the lister. So if you won my, say... Nepenthes dragon collection for $30 and I said the winner would pay for shipping (around $7) you would send $30 to NASC and $7 to me. Once both of those have been indicated as paid, I would ship the plant. There will be a timeline (typically two weeks) for payment to be made, then another timeline for plants or items to be shipped.

Does eastern ds mean eastern standard time?

I think it means Daylight Savings time, so in accordance with the rules of springing forward and falling back.

xvart.

Heh, my computer isn't working right now, so hopefully I can still get a chance of possibly participating. I have some S. leucos I'd like to give out.

What I generally do for shipping is to say that I'll pay for shipping if an item I donate sells for more than a certain amount. I make it a reasonably low number, since I want people to bid freely for items without having to consider shipping costs, but don't want to pay for shipping if someone is getting a bargain. I can afford to pay the shipping cost at this point in my life and see it as an indirect donation to NASC. I couldn't have done it 20 years ago.

It backfired a little after the USPS switched to volumetric weight pricing and my wife dropped off some packages for me. She paid well over $20 for individual packages I had expected to cost ~$6. Shipping for one was more than what the person had bid. I've learned to customize boxes to keep packages within the all-important 1728 cubic inches (or whatever 12x12x12 is). I redo the math every time just to be sure. People shipping by priority mail can save themselves or the recipient a lot of money if they can keep the box smaller than that, without damaging the plant, of course.

I have a pack of 6 truncata seedlings I'll be offering.

love to get some of those :)

this would be my first time participating in this auction and maybe i can throw some things in there too...say some d. capensis (as everyone needs at least one of those), and maybe some sarracenia....and im not sure if there going to be large enough by then...but keep my hopes up...i have like 10+ p. moranensis starts

can't wait

Hi y'all

I'm sorry for things with the auction being a little behind this time. But I have been very tied up with the care and subsequent death of my beloved Ollie B. I'm trying to get back to these things.

The auction forum (locked) and rules will be posted very soon. We just need to check everything and make sure I haven't done something boneheaded. :(

So...you'll have some time to look over the rules.

Keep bringing up your deepest auction desires and what you might list! It's very interesting!

I may be selling caterpillars, but it is required you would have that certain host plant

What kind of caterpillars?

xvart.

Maybe very hungry caterpillars:

VERY_HUNGRY_CATERPILLAR.jpg

Maaan, I was reminded about that book just a few weeks ago when google used it for their daily logo change. I loved that book. I even saved the image for good measure.

I love that book!

Books make good offering in the auction. ;)

Bumpity Bump -

Less than 1 week left on the Auction - times running out - and I really wanted to prompt someone to throw a lowii x truncata on the block. C'mon! :hail:

No Sarr seeds this year? :(

No Sarr seeds this year? :(
Since this wish-list item got granted ... I think I'll give it a try ...???

Utric-a-philes - divide up some of your clumps! I'd like to see some of the 'common' types like these (Hint, hint) :poke: ... and some of the not-so-common types like U. nelumbifolia ... :hail:

No more fresh Nepenthes seed or rooted cuttings or seedlings or...? :)

If anyone has psittacina seeds in their sarrs seed stash they want to list I would be bidding on those with much desire. Although other random sarr or neps seeds would be great as well, just that particular species I don't tend to see around much and I think they are awesome so it is a shame.

If anyone has psittacina seeds in their sarrs seed stash they want to list I would be bidding on those with much desire. Although other random sarr or neps seeds would be great as well, just that particular species I don't tend to see around much and I think they are awesome so it is a shame.
yeah - I was going to post a 'want' for some 'golfballensis'. Mine haven't grown as well as the upright varieties and have not bloomed the last few years. Last year, I started to fertilize the pitchers and they grew much, much better. Hopefully I'll get some blooms this year or next .... but for now - that seed must come from others .... ???

Back