What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6TH ANNUAL NASC BENEFIT AUCTION!! Details inside!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Woohoo! It's coming up! :banana2:

The SIXTH ANNUAL NASC Benefit Auction 2009 is a'coming!
The auction space is kindly donated by TerraForums discussion boards;NASC will have its own forum for the auction.

Many of you are old hat with the auction and know the ropes. But for the newbs, here is how it works.

The Boring Stuff: In order to participate in the NASC auction, you are REQUIRED to read the Rules for both listing and bidding. Any posts made in the Auction Forum for either donations of items or bids on items will represent your agreement to the terms set forth for this auction. Failing to uphold either end of a post-auction transaction will result in exclusion from future auctions. Participation in the NASC Auction is entirely voluntary and will be taken as an acceptance of all rules and procedures.

Most important! LISTING PERIOD starts Saturday, April 11th, NOON (Eastern DS Time) through Saturday, April 25th, 10 p.m. Eastern DS Time. The actual opening and closing of the Auction forum will be as close as possible to the actual times but might not be exact as its done manually. However, VALID listings and bids will follow the actual TIMES stated (i.e., a bid that is entered past 10 p.m. EDST on June 21st will NOT be valid even if the Auction Forum is still open for posting.)

You may make a donation (post an item listing) at any time throughout the auction period. All items are open for bidding during the entire duration of the open auction. High bidder at the ENDING TIME of the auction is the winner! (And wooohoo what a scramble!)

* AUCTION IS OPEN TO: the general public! You do not have to be a registered TerraForums or NASC member to donate (list) an item or bid (for purchase) on an item. If you bid as a Guest, you MUST provide contact information in your bid post(s). Guest bids without contact information will bevoided. You are welcome to join TerraForums if you'd like...we love new members!

* WHAT CAN BE LISTED FOR AUCTION? The auction is open to legal item CP or non-CP related. Anything that may bring donations ($$$!) is acceptable (plants, seeds, artwork, gardening tools, T-shirts, lights, pots, gift certificates, etc.). Be creative! We need items and bids! But please only donate or bid if you can uphold and follow through with your end of the transaction. This auction operates on an "honor system" so please be HONORABLE about your donations and bids. Weapons, chemicals or any items that have the potential for causing harm are NOT allowed. If you are unsure, ask a moderator.

* FOLLOW THE LAW: The lister (donor) and buyer (bidder) are responsible for making sure that all interstate transfer laws, phytosanitary laws and CITES rules are strictly adhered to.

*Remember that is it against general TerraForum rules to contact any people donating items to whine and beg for free or cheap plants. If this happens to anyone, PLEASE contact a mod and we will squash the bug. Use your common sense and don't chase away our kind donors.

ALL the particular of the auction will be posted to you to see when the basic auction forum is spiffed up and made ready with updated rules and such.

We hope that many of you set aside some seed, or pulled some ping leaves or have some divisions of utrics you wouldn't mind donating. If you have't chosen a little something for us, please do go see if there is a little tiny plant or packet of seed to offer.

We know this has been a tough year for us in many ways. But do what you can for the conservation community. Know your funds will allow many things to be accomplished.

An ad will be available short for anyone to use on private web sites to help advertise. And if you know any CP venders who would sport and ad for us...that would be great.

So...save your pennies! They ADD up!

:-D
Paktioneer

Last edited:
Use this topic to ask questions, mention what you might be offering or what you'd like to see offered. Personally I'd love see that Nep albomarginata 'black'. :drool:

so there will be other rules for bidding? cause i dont really get it; as in who to send the money too o_O

Oh boy, oh boy. Expect me to be offering some bulk easy plants.

The rules are fully outlined in the auction forum. Once we get that all spiffed up, the forum will be released so you can read the pinned topics but not to bid. Bidding opens at noon on Sat. April 11th. "It's like a box of chocolates...you never know you are going to get." :D

And let me add AGAIN, the NASC Board is truly grateful to those who make donations because, money aside, it's just dang FUN!!!! The oooooh....the aaaaaaahs! The "I want that? Oh wait, I want this!" There have been some funny and hot battles that take place. lol

I've asked before and will ask again (not to bug, but to give! :) ) but i would like to open a north of the border part, i have d. anglica seeds d. aliciae seeds, N. rafflesiana seeds, ping sethos and moranensis... these would only be open to canadians due to my not having any special permits... :)

That sounds good to me. Maybe you could make your listings with a heading like "CPs for Canadians: 1 package D. anglica seeds" and then in the listing descripion you could say "This auction is for Canadians only". Anyone with shipping addies outside Canada would be void.

Just for simplicity, would it be possible to post a link with the Auction rules on this page? Thanks :)

I have a pack of 6 truncata seedlings I'll be offering. I would love some more nep seed!

Just for simplicity, would it be possible to post a link with the Auction rules on this page? Thanks :)

That would be simple...except the complete rules don't exist yet. lol I'm still working on those to update them from last year. It takes a while to work through the auction and end-of-auction rules to make any needed changes.

As soon as all the info for the auction is ready, the forum will be opened for viewing only, just so people can read all the pertinent info.

That would be simple...except the complete rules don't exist yet. lol I'm still working on those to update them from last year. It takes a while to work through the auction and end-of-auction rules to make any needed changes.

You mean there is actually work involved in this whole thing!? lol
Of course I kid! Thank you personally PAK and anyone else putting in valuable time and effort in order to make the auction happen :) Your efforts are truly appreciated and without you it could not take place!:clap:

So it has to be plant related?...I can't put up my gamecube for auction? :D I can't wait. I've been needing to get rid of some extra plants.

So it has to be plant related?...I can't put up my gamecube for auction? :D I can't wait. I've been needing to get rid of some extra plants.

It does not have to be plant related. Anything can be auctioned (unless of course it is a weapon or something dangerous or otherwise mentioned in the pending rules). I bought the complete Sex in the City DVD set last year, and as far as I can tell it has nothing to do with plants...

xvart.

I bought the complete Sex in the City DVD set last year, and as far as I can tell it has nothing to do with plants...

xvart.

oh my lord.

i mean... wow....

:) haha

oh my lord.

i mean... wow....

:) haha

Believe me, if I had a choice in the matter I would have rather spent the fifty bucks on something cooler (not that that would have been difficult). It was for my wife. And I was the only bidder...

Chris - maybe you can donate a KU Final Four shirt? :-D

xvart.

Looking forward to having some money this year!!! WOO HOO!! I can't wait!

a little question to those that have participated in the past...
who pays for the shipping of the goods?
is it the donor of the plant/other stuff?
or is it, the winner of the highest bid...
i've never bid in an auction before, let alone a benefit auction, so i'm curious to know how it works... if the rules are coming out soon, i can wait for the answer till then ;)

Hi blokeman, it will be stated in each auction whom will be responsible for shipping. Some auctions have free shipping while others require the highest bidder to pay. I'll have to request that the winners pay shipping again this year as I'm still poor :).

Crystal

So, I may have missed it but, when does the auction open? lol, and when does it close?

Edit: I knew i would see right after I posted this!
LISTING PERIOD starts Saturday, April 11th, NOON (Eastern DS Time) through Saturday, April 25th, 10 p.m. Eastern DS Time

Does eastern ds mean eastern standard time?

Back