What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Native ants vs. Cane toads (in Australia)

I wouldn't want either creature in my backyard to be honest.

Though....

I would rather have a bunch of toads, no matter how invasive, over whatever the hell a "meat ant" is.

Never seen black ants take down a healthy vertebrate. Or... do what those do. Or make a meter wide nest mound. No, I don't think so.

Never seen black ants take down a healthy vertebrate. Or... do what those do. Or make a meter wide nest mound. No, I don't think so.

Did you read the artical? The ants would be living around ponds killing the weak toadlets that can't move quickly.

Not only did I read it, I Googled the species. And though immature, the toadlets are still healthy. Appertain this ant is so aggressive that all other ant species cannot co-exist with it or compete, and must forage by night instead. In addition, leaving animal copses on the nest mound is an efficient way of disposing of a animal body in rural areas. This is not your little household, garden variety American ant species.

Back