What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found this in my Inbox

Actually the guy we talked to REALLY was from Nigeria, I traced his IP address through his email and the number he called from was international...

Actually the guy we talked to REALLY was from Nigeria, I traced his IP address through his email and the number he called from was international...

That was also probably part of the scam. But if it wasn't, I'm sure the majority of scammers probably aren't actually in Nigeria.

From Nigeria? :crazy:

yeah, they did it on dateline. Tell them you're interested, but want to meet them in person. Then you get them to fly out to France or something to "meet you." If you're really good, you can even make an excuse for not being at the first meeting and try to get them to see you again.

That was also probably part of the scam. But if it wasn't, I'm sure the majority of scammers probably aren't actually in Nigeria.

Most of these scams come from people that live in Nigeria. Just like Dr. worm said, they did it one dateline.

It was on tv a few nights ago, but I don't remember if it was dateline again or not. Anyway, they even have music videos in Nigeria that mock Americans and make us all out to be stupid and gullible. It said something like, I take your money and run, you so dumb... etc.

If anyone wants you to deposit money for them, it's a scam. I don't care how good it looks.

There's another scam, where someone sends you a check (something to the effect of Reader's Digest Sweepstakes). You're supposed to deposit and allow them access to your banking information. The check is real and stolen from a legitimate business (that doesn't realize it). And before you can do anything about it, your account is cleaned out for the amount of the check, plus whatever you had of your own. My future son in law, despite the best efforts of my wife to dissuade him, fell prey to that one.

Haha. I just got something similar, or more like stupid-er.
DEAR: WINNER,

Please view the attachment for your winning information. Claim amount is ($400,000.00 US Dollar, our Processing Director is waiting for your favorable response for the claim of your prize.

CLAIM AGENT CONTACTS DETAILS

MR. NELSEN V. JORDAN

TEL: + 27 78 366 0016

TEL: + 27 73 509 4846

FAX: + 27 86 536 8168

FAX: + 27 86 543 0440

Email: Canadian.sa2010.live@jmail.co.za

Email: canadian_sa2010.live@live.co.za

Thanks for your Co-operation.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Stella Elizabeth

I'm not even going to think about touching the attached file.

Any ideas on what I could do for some fun? Tell them to meet me somewhere?

Forward it to Obama or a Bank CEO!

It'd be funnier to send it to Bush, doubt he'd know how to dial international...

Back