What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any food eating habits? :D

• Thread starter Halt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    melt
eating habits?

my only real eating habit is that I eat a ton, and I do so very quickly. Leaving most " fast " eaters humbled before their very eyes.

haha everone would joke that its due to my having been from a large family, gotta " rush to eat before its all gone"

Most of my time here on TF is while I'm at work ( awesome right? ). I probably chew... 2 or 3 full cups of ice a day... I'm told its not a good for the teeth, I'll acknowledge that its a habit and a bad one at that, but i'll never be taken away from my dear ice :)

oh and I eat about 6 eggs for breakfast every morning, occasionally treating myself to a delicious helping of home made biscuits with homemade gravy.

Food is Delicious.

Ahh the ice the ice! I love chewing on ice too, when I'm bored and don't want to drink liquad, but wana chew it.

I also eat waffles every morning. :D

I usually start with 4-5 eggs, but i have a friend that showed me something that mde me cringe at first, then he told me to try it...

Take your regular two slices of bread (your choice, white is my preference, but we have those 4/8/12multi-grains...) spread some PB (penut butter, lol) and dunk in chocolate milk. At first i was skeptical, but it got me through highschool as an afternoon snack, high protein, good fats (no saturated fats) calcium and so on... tastes a bit like reese penut butter cups.
It is THE snack i make myself when i want something quick and simple. don`t criticise before trying it.. just make sure it`s toasted enough, you don`t want to eat mush.

I always start with a salad, we should all start with a salad beofre every meal (except breakfast), allows our body to properly use the fiber to digest, and it also helps absorb/flush some fats, instead of your body absorbing them!

I never salt anything, my mom always abused on the salt...

I second what swords said, my grand dad had two bipass surgeries, had to take a vein from his leg twice (one from each leg) he`d salt everything, even his morning grapefruit!

But if i was to use salt, i`d use regular 'windsor' salt, sea salt tastes like nothing!

Don`t bother using expensive extra virgin olive oil when cooking, it is called extra virgin cause it is cold pressed, and when you cook with it, it loses those properties. Keep extra virgin olive oil for salads...

I absolutely hate milk. You will never see me with a glass of milk. I simply can't drink the stuff.

I love ice cream though :D

i eat alot and eat it really, really fast. I also LOVE rice and seafood, and will devour those with pleasure every single time! :) I simply cannot eat most vegetables. These flavor/texture have made me gag since i was like 2. other than that im fairly normal! :D

I also do anything in two slices of bread.
The only things I like to put on my ice cream are sprinkles and gummy bears.
I put crushed crackers in my soups
Whenever I eat a cookie, I rip pieces off to eat it. Dunno why.

I chew water and other various liquids.

*High fives*

I usually drink my drink BEFORE I eat because it is much healthier then drinking after. I start off my day with 4-5 eggs, Oh, I LOVE tuna, idc if its bad for you cause its canned but i love it, i hate when other people make it its horrible but it HAS to have the right amount of mayo. I can only eat tuna in a sandwich with lettuce, olives, and some maters with pickles on the side.

I can live without 5 gum, i go threw 3 boxes a week that have 10 packs of gum in them, each pack 15 pieces, so thats 450 sticks total!

I am a milk connoisseur. I drink 2% or 1% and it has to be cold as the devil's heart. I also tend to drink beverages very quickly. This isn't much of a problem, unless I just got a big iced coffee and I pound it down in a matter of minutes. Then I get the caffeine jitters.

Speaking of salt, a couple months ago I purchased a Carls Jr. 6 dollar guacamole bacon burger. It was big and delicious. A few weeks after, I decided to look up the nutritional info. It had 2240mg of sodium and 1040 calories! I felt like that should have come with a warning label like they put on cigarettes.

When my brother was small he had to have all his food separated into distinct little piles on his plate. He would eat one pile at a time until it was gone, then move to another. If any of the piles of food touched each other he would get very upset and not eat any more until they were fixed.

I can't live without 5 gum, i go threw 3 boxes a week that have 10 packs of gum in them, each pack 15 pieces, so thats 450 sticks total!

Holy crap. I don't see what's so good about gum...You can't eat it! Or you're not supposed. Plus it always makes me thirsty.

I love milk. I probably drink too much. There's about two gallons in the fridge right now, and I'm going to go work in the yard this afternoon - there's a distinct possibility that milk will be gone by tomorrow. I guess I could also call myself a milk connoisseur; my favorite is the cream top whole milk that comes in glass bottles from a local dairy. The grocery co-op down the street carries it, and it tastes much different than ordinary grocery-store milk.
I used to eat lots of salt, but then I stopped salting foods when I was about 11 or 12. (Now I go for pepper instead... and sometimes hotsauce. I probably get a significant amount of sodium just from the hotsauce...) Incidentally, I have dangerously low cholesterol; after my last blood test my doctor told me that I needed to increase my intake of bad cholesterol (my good cholesterol is low as well, but just a few points within acceptable.) I guess I get a lot of fiber or something in my diet. I try to eat junk food, but it makes me feel crummy.
I had a friend that, when we were young, would only eat things that were white. When he would come over to my house to spend the night, we would eat french bread with butter and garlic, white corn, pasta, chicken, etc. I think once we did pizza but it couldn't have cheddar cheese or toppings on it; just mozzarella and pizza sauce. I never understood food aversions as a child - I used to eat everything. I had a bad encounter with fish sticks when I was six or seven and for a time, the smell of fish was very unpalatable, but after living in the Northwest for a while I got hooked on salmon and developed a taste for seafood again.
Whenever I buy Ben and Jerry's (I don't eat ice cream often so I get the good stuff) I have to buy more than one flavor. Just a portion of one kind is some kind of overstimulation - I need contrast to tone it down.
~Joe

I eat fast. I'll run to lunch at my school and finish before most people get to the cafeteria, then go hang out in the bandroom for 30 minutes :D

I just eat fast then play basketball.

I eat fast. I'll run to lunch at my school and finish before most people get to the cafeteria, then go hang out in the bandroom for 30 minutes :D

For a moment I thought you wrote, "...then go hang out in the bathroom for 30 minutes." To which I would've said, "You need to re-evaluate your dietary habits." :D
~Joe

I thought the same thing and would have recommended therapy. On the other hand, maybe 30 minutes in the bandroom warrants therapy too. At my final high school, I didn't eat lunch and spent the time talking with one of the shop teachers. Therapy might have been appropriate for that too.

I can never get enough to drink. I can be stuffed to the brim full of food but can still down whatever beverage is up for grabs. I think my best/worst day was over summer when I had 9L of water in one day (on top of whatever I had after work that day). I normally only go through 4L a day during summer. Even when I go to my favorite restaurant the waitress brings me a glass of whatever I ordered and sets a pitcher of it on the table. For this reason, among many, I think I'm going to stay away from the -OH groups... haha

Can`t drink milk anymore, when i was working for dairy queen, every time i made a mistake in an order, i`d take the wasted cone/blizzard and put it in the back freezer and eat it later on... Abusing of this has made me LACTOSE INTOLERANT! I`ll always remember the day i chugged a glass of milk, and my insides felt like armageddon had arrived... To this day (8 years later) i am still lactose intolerant, but can consume small amounts without adverse effect.

My boyfriend is like seedjar about milk, and has been all his life. And it seems to have had the side-effect of making his bones abnormally dense, he weighs more than anybody ever guesses looking at him.

I love milk but not quite to that degree.

Back