What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some what random macro pics

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    ants
Oh! nice! tells us spring is here, for the most part. :)

What kind of ants are those?
Smallus Blackus?
Underis Myfeetum?
Goesium squishes?

You're into wasps and stuff too? That's awesome. I really love the Bald Faced Hornet. Really cool insect. I found a dead one in the windowsill in a bathroom once and saved it, but then ended up throwing it away when my friends found out I had it and were making fun of me. Story over.

Yup, I am into wasps. An interesting fact about the bald faced hornets (Dolichovespula maculata) is that they really aren't hornets. They are species of yellow jacket that make nests in high places instead of under ground. Vespa crabro is the only true hornet in North America and only lives on the East Coast. (there is some speculation that another Vespa is invasive to British Columbia.)

Thats really funny that the scientific name for a hornet is Vespa, because, Vespa is the word for wasp in German.

Hey dude, looks like you're having a good time with that camera. On the 4th picture, if you cropped out everything except the top left portion, and then toned down the exposure on the RAW file slightly, I think that photo would be even better. Are you shooting in RAW format?

The ants look great, especially the big one on the left. With a 12 MP camera, I'm sure you have plenty of cropping room, so don't be afraid to really snip off a big chunk of the photo to make the macro look more impressive.

Now go take some more pictures!

Hey dude, looks like you're having a good time with that camera. On the 4th picture, if you cropped out everything except the top left portion, and then toned down the exposure on the RAW file slightly, I think that photo would be even better. Are you shooting in RAW format?

Not yet, I haven't installed the soft ware. I was really just playing around with some of the features. My mom set a macro daffodil as our background. I am installing the programs now though.

Not yet, I haven't installed the soft ware. I was really just playing around with some of the features. My mom set a macro daffodil as our background. I am installing the programs now though.

Cool beans. Once you start using those, you'll be able to do a lot more with your photos.

Back