What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Terraforums to you?

As the Title says: What is Terraforums to you?;

Is it your Stress Releiver?

Thing to do when your suppose to be WORKING

Motivation?

Just a thing to help grow plants?

Information?

...Your LIFE?

Terraforums to me is Motivation to get good grades so I can suck up to my mommy and she'll buy me more plants. :-))

So, what is Terraforums to you? :poke:

It is my enabler for my addiction.

If not for terraforums I probably would not have kept plants alive long enough to become addicted to where I am now at a point which no 12 step program can wean me off of and I probably would not have at least 90% of the plants thanks to the great people and the trading forums here.

Plus the awesome info and PICTURES… ( which I (barely) look at during work (mostly because the majority of the hosting sites for the photos don’t load due to blocking at work…not like I haven’t tried))

Terraforums has been everything to me. It started off as an information source. Then somewhere to share what was going on in my life... to my friends. I've shared my success, my good news, my failures, my attempts, the horrible news... You name it, I've shared it here. When I made the announcement that our first child was very sick I had many people post great things to me (and get a hold of me privately as well) when he died, I even had a great group of people gather together money and pay to have his name put on the wall at the Children's Memorial Park. I still go there often and think of those members that made it possible to put his name there. That's why when the future of the forum became unsure-- I knew I had to buy it and do whatever it took to keep it going. Cause I love you guys!! It'll be cool to see why everyone else decides to spend their time here too, great topic halt!
Andrew

This is a place where I can relax and learn. Most of the time it is a place I go when I am supposed to be working.

i live in the middle of nowhere.....bout 12 hours by highway at 65-75mph in any direction from what anyone calls a real city.....i live in a county that has more land area than the state of Rhode Island but only has 10,000 ppl living in it.......ive always been an oddball up here as far as my interests........this site lets me discuss interests that i really cant in person with ppl, atleast not in depth......

Terraforums is like...My second home. LOL.

I guess its a place to relax, speak my views with others where my peers would just look at me like a freak. I also get a lot of help with my new plants. (for example, how bigbella's advise saved my seed grown ceph) I guess all in all, going on forums is one of my hobbies.

terraforums to me in my opinion is the best forum i am currently using...(probably using 5-6 forums)...out of all the forums it is my must visit websites everyday..along with email and facebook :) as for the forum itself i love reading through all the posts...and i really like it when forum members post pictures of there own plants...NASC being one of the only forums i know of that im on that does this...its probably another one of my favorite things...even being that its my first year participating...i also love the trade section, and friendly forum members

It's part education and part fun.

THE best CP forum that ever (and will ever) exist(ed). My second home also, in many ways...

TerraForums is the cool side of the pillow on a hot summer night. :-O

To me, Terraforums is a forum.

Well, more like a digital library where one can retreat to during times of great stress (such as a prized Cephalotus dying for no good reason and you don't know why) and find information (such as why your prized Cephalotus is dying, hypothetically speaking).

Of course I came here originally to get help growing Neps but it's a great place to enjoy discussing all sorts of things, sometimes with absolutely no relation to plants.

I enjoy reading how people interpret news, politics, religion, etc. from their own reality tunnels. Many times their ideas are far out in comparison to my own (which are usually far out to most others) but for me that's what makes it interesting - this "clash of worlds" I call it. I can say our non-plant discussions have contributed greatly in my ability to create characters for fictional stories by being able to imagine how someone of a worldview vastly divergent from my own might deal with such and such a situation. So I guess I guess the General Forums is not only fun but also my sociology/psychology lab! :D

to me, its just a cool place to read, "talk" and virtually "chill" with other people of the same interestes. I spend way to much time here, and enjoy every second of it! :D

Wow. Good question Halt. :)

TF is not "a forum"...it's a community comprised of the most amazing people. I've laughed here, I've cried here, I've gotten angry... and I've debated and seen another point of view and met others who share mine. I've seen kids grow up here, members get married and have the cutest babies. I've known members who were sick, depressed, celebrating a new job, announcing a birth, a birthday, lamenting a job loss, mourning a death, whooping about a graduation. I've seen members here rally around another member in need of comfort or encouragement. I've seen people leave and many of them come back "home." :)

AND...I've learned a TON of plant growing information, CP and non-CP. There are some very talented growers (and photographers!) who share endlessly their growing know-how.

TF is a very special place. So many, many thanks for Phil who got P.O.ed at GardenWeb and started TF and to Andrew who has generously allowed to TF to continue and grow. He works very hard to keep this place spiffy and up-to-date.

TF is...a very very special place. There are SO many people here I call a "friend" as mean it as much as anyone I know in person. You'll notice so many people say they spend "too much time here." That's the draw of a place that is more than just a discussion board. It's place where you are comfortable, where you can pull up a chair and talk plants or about life. TF IS "home." :)

HAHA Halt, yes, when i am here, i definately 'should' be working, however circumstances allow me the freedom between calls to chat away! (I work night shifts in an insurance call center, no calls no work...)

But Terraforums started off as a resource center for all my cp needs, being new to the hobby, TF is THE reason why I am doing so well growing these great plants! I have to thank a good number of you for your patientce and willingness to share info!
But for the past 6 months, it has become a meeting place, I come to chat, I`ve never been really big on posting, but simply because I don`t want to give some info that could be misleading, considering I am still in my first year growing (plants alltogether, not just cp`s)
Like PAK says, I as well have had some great experiences here with a number of you. I`ve made friendships that are just as strong as those I have at home. Terraforums is definately a community, and not just a forum. We may be separated by thousands of kilometers (or miles if you prefer, it`s the same distance ;) ), but I feel at home when I`m here, with you guys right there beside me.
Thank you Anderw for your hard work and efforts, what TF has brought to me, is absolutely irreplacable, and thank you to all others who put in their time making this site what it is.
Happy Growing and share the wealth :)

Simply put: TerraForums is one of the best online resources for cultivating CP's.

The tips, hints, ideas gleaned from other more experienced growers on TF have been indispensable.

Learning the do's and the don'ts of CP growing (though anecdotal) has been so helpful as to be beyond measure.

TerraForums is the best‼ :D

Back