What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction is closed...THANK YOU so much!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
After nearly having a heart attack from nerves...the auction is over! WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!! :boogie:

I hope each of you won something you wanted. There was quite the rally at the end with new listings.

We appreciate your participation so much! I'm sure we hit a record. :D

I need a drink....
(of Diet Dr Pepper)

More importantly thanks to all the mods that made this possible for all of us, your efforts are much appreciated :) Thank you!!

Darn it. Lost the mystery dew.

At least I got me some orchids.

Thanks for organizing this guys!!! It was a lot of fun.

Congrats to all the winners! I couldn't join in on the fun because of my new camera though. (there wasn't really wasn't much that I wanted though)

What are we calling the official time-stamp? Not that I have any stake in it or anything....

Jeff, I edited that post. I think it's still yours...

CONGRATS ON NOT HAVING A CRASH!!!

It's over! There goes half of my collection, and here comes some nice new plants! :D Thank you, Mods, for the fun auction.

I am laying down my gavel! wooohooo!

The last valid time stamp is 10:00.

And no we didn't crash. Although I saw a slow moment or two. I was having a heart attack.

I won my crocheted flytraps! YIPPEEEEE!!!! (I think)

The Great Scare of 2009! lol

That is better than...the Great CRASH. lol Andrew did GOOD!

Jeff, I edited that post. I think it's still yours...

CONGRATS ON NOT HAVING A CRASH!!!

WHAT?!!?

THIS IS THE HAPPIEST THREE SECONDS OF MY LIFE!!!

Thanks for being a good sport.

Edit: Awwww.... It'd be nice if you could let me know what it is. Thanks.

I jest want to thank everyone who bid on my auction items.
remember my priorities in order of importance are
Coservation.
Propagation
Money

LMO

Too bad it's Eastern Standard Time. I got out bid on everything just earlier today.

It's only 8:39 PM here. No fair.

I'm sorry. But that is why we stress the time zone the auction runs in. With all the crazy states who don't participate in Daylight Saving Time and things like that, we have to rely on people doing the time math for their own area. We use Eastern because...I'm eastern and I have a lot to keep track of without screwing up a time zone. I'm really sorry you got outbid though. :(

I would just like to take a minute and thank everyone that organized this event. It was alot of fun and VERY expensive :0o:. Someday my wife will forgive me :-O.

I think a lot of our members are east too. If the bidding were to close at 11 it might give members on the west coast a chance to snipe, not every one is at a computer at 7.

<------hates sniping, this is not E-bay it is for a good cause.....just bid.

The annoying thing is that I was outbid at about 9:50 on each auction, EST.

I hope that you guys had a better time bidding.

I was outbid at 9:58 and rebid at 9:59, I'm just glad my old old computer decided to work right then.

We used to have the auction end at 11 or midnight...that got complaints. lol I don't think there is ANY time ending (or zone) that will make everybody happy. So...it's gonna be mine. :-)) I know it sucks when the time is too late or too early though.

I didn't see EST post here. ???

Trust me...it is annoying to get outbid period.

Thank you very much RSS. :) It is organized by the Board of NASC each year and Andrew, forum owner, kindly allows us to use TF as a "home" for the auction.

The NASC Board is:

Mark/Ozzy, Head of Conservation
Arthur Yin/EmesisPFT, VP
Jonathan/Est, Head of PR
Dave/Schloaty, Treasurer
JC/Xvart, Admin of Plant Materials
Greg/Boglodyte, Member at Large

Oh...and me. :)

OH...and we have the position of Secretary open if anyone feels inspired!

Back