What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving

• Thread starter mindmaze
  • Start date

mindmaze

From the Tropics
Heyo everyone

Just a friendly FYI to let you guys and gals know that I'll be moving to Jacksonville Fl on July 15th for my Internal medicine residency. Any suggestions of plants that'll do well in that area? ty

You can grow basically anything indoors.

If you mean outside, I'd go with some sarrs if I were you.

Residency? Congratulations. But you must mean plants that will do well without any care.

Yes, congratulations are in order.

You should be able to grow quite a few CPs outdoors: Sarracnenia, flytraps, many temperate Drosera, any subtropical Drosera and probably low-land Nepenthes.

Hi Joel!

Good to see you around. :) That's cool (so to speak) that will be in Florida. And congrats on the residency. I hope that goes well for you.

NICE what part of Jacksonville?!
i lived there for 14 years and im going back to visit in July this year :)

Best of everything to you in your residency. Lots of difficult workahead, The rewards will be worth it.
LMO Retired RN

Congratulations! As far as plant prospects, it'll depend on the living situation and how sunny of an area is available for plants. Sarrs need lots of sun and lowland Neps don't. If you'll be renting, you probably can't make big modifications for plants and almost certainly wouldn't be allowed to mess with the plumbing to install an RO system. If so, the supply of extra-soft water might be another factor to consider. Neps aren't as sensitive to water quality.

Back