What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this plant infested?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Here is my one and only type of Sempervium or "Hen and Chicks"

semperviumarachnoideum.jpg

What do you think? ???

NOOOO!
That is how is looking when healty. I asume that the hairs are for protection against the sun.
...and it's not the only one that looks like that...

HAHA and here I thought you knew your stuff Bro :D

That's totally what it is supposed to look like- if you grow it outdoors it will lose that nice fuzzy look, at least that's what happened to the one I used to have.

Aw you two are no fun at all! I was trying to get people going! :-D

The girl at the checkout said, "Eww, this thing has some kinda infestation you might wanna get another go pick out another one."

For those who don't know this plant it's Sempervium arachnoideum "Cebenese".

I lucked out and found a little crested freak hiding in the same pot:
semperviumarachnoideummonstrose.jpg

That's pretty cool looking. I have a hen and chicks plant, but it doesn't have that fur stuff. It just makes these little sideways growing stems that grow roots off them.

WOOOAAAAHHH a crested one. you really lucked out.

What that one? Cobeweb hen-and chicks or something?

That crested one... that’s cool. Is it possible to propagate? Do the “chicks” made by it stay crested?

The plant is Sempervium arachnoideum "Cebenese". Check Lowes if you have them. I got a "seedling pack" of 4 of these plants for like $3.98. The crested head is what caused me to buy it but I'd never seen them covered in webs like this so I was already interested by seeing the weird hairs but when I found the one pot with the crest in a whole flat of them I knew I had to see if I could try and make more. I had a crested Stapelia but it outgrew the crested stage unless you kept propagating the old crested bits, rather a hassle.

Back