What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think there's a frog in here!

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Well, I got my "red" Japanese Maple today (red and green let's say) but after I was done unpacking it I've heard a few frog/toad croaks & chirps but my windows aren't open so I think a frog from Tennessee has made a trip to Minnesota. I can't find him anywhere so I was wondering if there's any sort of "frog trap" I might devise to catch him. I don't want the cats to find him first and get poisoned by trying to eat it.

Thanks for any advice you might have! :)

Best thing to do is sit in a room with the lights down and listen then try and track the sound.

And if you do not get him in a few days forget it cause he will likely dehydrate...

Can you put out a bowl of water with a small dibbles water fall? I think frogs are attracted to the sound of water in.

Stephen King wrote about this very situation - strange chirpy frog sounds. Have you noticed a fog settling in over your town. If so, read The Mist and, if you see tentacles coming towards you, don't be thinking calamari.

:D

I have this weekend off so I'll keep an ear open. There is a waterbowl in the kitchen for the cats though they like the water from the bathtub faucet better (?) so there's a bowl in the tub too. I seem to catch escaped crickets and other bugs and once even a mouse was trapped in the waterbowl so hopefully the frog will locate one of them and I can catch it. My anole needs a buddy!

Back