What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

This is a pretty pointless argument. Lol.

As many others here have said, over and over again, that a large percent of store employees don't recognise minute differences between carnivorous plants. many think all cp's are the same....Heck what am i even saying! the nice respectable lady that knows something about cp's at the montreal botanical garden called me saying she had s. purpurea, a plant which i have been looking for for quite a while. instead, all she had was lots of s. dana's delights. she thought that just by reading the first part of the label that said 'sarracenia', it meant that any of those plants labeled sarracenia were in fact s. purpurea! so i had to come over, disappointed they didn't carry purps, and tell the lady how to read a plant label. -_- this is in no way supposed to offend store employees, just to state that many don't see the differences between our beloved plants!

This is getting rediculus. I love growing cobras and spreading them, I was thinking of offering a division to you of a hard to find variety, but your throwing words in other peoples mouths, or in this case fingers, is just plain rude. Saying we act just like any other hobbyist you've run into certainly isn't going to get you anywhere on this forum

the nice respectable lady that knows something about cp's at the montreal botanical garden called me saying she had s. purpurea, a plant which i have been looking for for quite a while. instead, all she had was lots of s. dana's delights. she thought that just by reading the first part of the label that said 'sarracenia', it meant that any of those plants labeled sarracenia were in fact s. purpurea!

How can you work with plants at a botanical garden and not know the basics of binomial naming? That upsets me.
~Joe

WTF?

I'm really sorry that you folks seem to be taking what I've said as some kind of attack or putting down.

This is a hobby. It's like any other hobby. You guys are very enthused about it, love it, have oodles of jargon that nobody outside the hobby understands... what's wrong with that? I mean I LOVE my other hobbies! Saying you guys were like the snake people or the costuming people I know was NOT meant as an insult! I'm really sorry!

I honestly didn't mean anything bad by anything I've said here!

:( And saying you would have given me a plant but now you're not. Man. Are you trying to make me depressed? That's just mean. :(:(:(:(:(

hahahahahaha

"and... boom goes the dynamite."

NO im not trying to make you feel depressed.
But you were shooting down members for stuff they didnt say
when i first saw this thread, i was like aww damn maybe ill be nice and send her a small division of my Darlingtonia because i can see this person really wants one, but i dont send plants to people who are rude to others, you'll learn in this hobby that generosity and kindness are key.

How is that? Because we are being nice and using our valuable time trying to help you out?

-Matt

YES!

Exactly.

Saying this was like any other hobby really was NOT meant as an insult! I just thought it was kind of funny when somebody said that this was not like other hobbies when you guys act like every other hobby forum I've ever been on.

Then i guess im going to act like any other hobbyist from any other forum and say your SOL when it comes to the lowes thing. nothing can be done about it.

hahahahahaha

"and... boom goes the dynamite."

My fiancee worked with that guy at Petsmart, he went to my College here. Needless to say he HATES it and goes off when you bring that up....LIKE A STICK OF DYNAMITE:-))

SirKristoff - I'm trying to apologize to everyone about this.

I really, HONESTLY did not mean to insult anybody. :(

And I know I'm SOL. That's why it's titled "noooooooooooooooooooo" I wasn't exppecting people to do anything, I just kinda wanted to vent, because it was frustrating.

Now pardon me while I go cry. I really, really, really wish you hadn't said you were going to give me something and then you're not. If you hadn't mentioned that I'd be a whole lot happier. :(:(:(

The plants that were at Lowe's really aren't anything great like I was hoping, so you're not missing out on much. I have a feeling mine might not even live. I would have been much more confident if I didn't have to pull everything apart since it was in the same pot with a flytrap and D. adelae. Seeing one tiny white root didn't help my confidence either.

It looks like you would probably go through more money picking up plant after plant from Lowe's trying to get one to survive than you would to get it from a reliable and knowledgeable nursery.

Yeah, probably. Doesn't make me feel much better about missing out.

And what SirKristoff said... makes me feel several billion times worse, because I missed out on something better.

I know it's not his fault, or any of you guy's fault, you were trying to help, and I didn't say what I meant very well. I didn't realize this was such a sensitive issue that laughing and saying it was like any other hobby would offend people.

I think I'm leaving the forums. I'm better off not interacting with people, it seems. I just end up upsetting people and then being depressed.

Being told I missed out on getting a cobra lily twice over is about the most depressing thing that's ever happened to me.

My apologies to everybody once again. I won't be back. Bye.

And what SirKristoff said... makes me feel several billion times worse, because I missed out on something better.

I know it's not his fault, or any of you guy's fault, you were trying to help, and I didn't say what I meant very well. I didn't realize this was such a sensitive issue that laughing and saying it was like any other hobby would offend people.

I think I'm leaving the forums. I'm better off not interacting with people, it seems. I just end up upsetting people and then being depressed.

Being told I missed out on getting a cobra lily twice over is about the most depressing thing that's ever happened to me.

Seems a bit drastic...Patience is the key in this hobby, not pity.

um, many many MANY people miss out on things they want all the time, missing out on a cobra lily (which is a pretty hard plant to cultivate), even twice, is not much. if this gets you down, well... there are much worse things than this.

I replied to your pm blades.

Defenantly pet. I can think of countless times I missed out on something.
Midnight: cobras white roots are only new roots or stolons. Many roots are brown and look like sarracenia roots do. It should make it if taken care of properly, I've done several divisions and some didn't have roots.

Yea, i understand kris. Just think of all of the things that were up for auction for NASC, out of all of those, i only could bid on 5 or less. There's many things you miss in life, sadly :/

Enough, you are overeacting. I myself have made far more… uh, faux pas incidents on this forum than I care to count. Your are fine, this is a tolerant place. Really.

Wow. This REALLY got out of hand. Hrm.

Aaaw, don't worry Blades, I'm sure we've all missed out on stuff worse. Please don't leave. D: I bet someone here will be generous enough to give you one. If actually had some cobras, I would give you some. I wish I could, but my climate is too hot for them, so I'm alway going to miss out on them. :/ TF a really nice place, rarely ever having threads like this. Just ignore the comments.

Back