What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lots of pics

Thought I would share a few pics I have had stashed away for awhile.

DSC07834.jpg

A small portion of my backyard. I like the red in the sea of yellow.

DSC07837.jpg

I have only ever seen 2 or 3 of the little shrubs that this flower is on & they are all in one place. The flower smells a little like pepper.

DSC07850.jpg

The creek down in the woods behind my house.

untitled5.jpg

This is Tesa, a white nosed coatimundi.

untitled4.jpg

And this would be Schroeder.

untitled1.jpg

Caleb, a blonde coati.

Hawaii3.jpg

Mount Kilauea, taken from a helicopter when i went down to Hawaii.

Hawaii4.jpg

A bit closer.

Hawaii1.jpg

Another from Hawaii.

Well thats it, tell me what you think.:)

Neat backyard. Aaaw, they're so cute. :3 Cool volcano shots. It's fun to be in a helicopter, isn't?

...so confuzzled...
I was o.k. starting in the backyard (I Thought based on your profile info in SC) then the next pic I saw the face and though "raccoon" but when photo fully loaded I said "Not raccoon, coatimundi...but in SC? then next to Hawaii...
What is up with the coatimundis? Were you visiting an animal rescue or zoo? I didn't think they were really a species kept widely as pets in the US and I'm pretty sure those are not photos from the depths of the wild South American rain forest :)

The coatis arn't all that common in the pet trade, but those are in fact pets. A little bit tempermental at times & they have the tendancy to run across counters & knock everything flying, but they are great.

Man, they sound like a handful. For some reason the name Schroeder has me now thinking about a coatimundi in a box...is it alive, dead, or simultaneously both? Schroedinger's Coatimundi Paradox!

Nice pictures. And I know that shrub! That's Calycanthus floridus, known as Sweetshrub or Carolina allspice.

Back