What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Large Hadron Collider Strikes Again

Haha..."it's either gonna happen or it won't. So our best guess is 50/50."

I fully support the cause to continue the experiment. Who knows what we'll discover. It's rubbish for so many people to think that we're all gonna get sucked into a black hole. Nothing catastrophically destructive came out of the Big Bang, so no massively dense, rip in the space-time fabric is going to occur during this experiment.

Hey, that scientist's desk is almost as cluttered as mine! :D
He just needs to have a couple half finished statues on the paper/book stacks and freshly potted succulents along the edge.

The Daily Show & Colbert Report are the only things I watch on TV anymore unless someone else has it on while I'm in the room. I broke my VCR cassette from overuse taping them while I'm at work, so now I just watch it online since they have full episodes with only 1 min of commercials over the course of an episode instead of 7 mins. My 28" monitor it's much bigger than my little TV anyway.

But the real truth to all this is of course, that the Illuminati & Trilateral Commission are using the LHC's built all over the world by the satanic scientists to control the white Christians with Reptilian overlords summoned here from Sirius using Kabalah magic... You Tube told me so... A 200 segment documentary doesn't lie! :D

(actually I couldn't make it through all 40 hours... I'd be as nutty as they are!)

I'm not a fan of the LHC, but I love this clip. Especially the 50/50 probability thing PC mentioned. Either the LHC will create a black hole and suck in the earth or it won't, so the odds must be 50/50.

XD 50/50! lol, it scares me that he can be a teacher!

Some of what Quantum Theory tells us is that everything is probable to some degree higher than 0 (no chance of occurring) but not always achieving 1 (actually having occurred). Someone once wrote that "Reality is simply the probabilities that made the effort to occur."

A teacher educated in modern times would know there is no way to issue accurate predictions and "has to" answer with a simple probability every person can understand like "50/50". However a teacher who sat down and actually did the calculations might find that the true probability of the LHC destroying the world is more like 1 in 764,073,887 or a .000000076 % chance or whatever. Around the same as you or I walking out on our front step getting killed by an asteroid. Stating it like that might make everyone laugh and feel much more at ease but 50/50 is just the standard way to say it's possible. Plus it lets people go into the mindless panics they love so much! :D

The scientist was also actually wrong by saying "zero chance" even though there's essentially zero chance. It's always possible (not always probable) but who am I to be critical of an evil genius?

Back