What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graduates 2009

Lol cap
highschool is gonna be one of the best times of your life.
Live it up now man,

looking back 20 years later..IMO highschool is meaningless..
the only thing highschool is good for is to get good grades so you can go on to college..
for me, college was a billion times better than highschool! :)
college was a blast..highschool was just bland and boring..

so if you are currently in highschool and think it sucks..well..it probably does! ;)
but college is nothing like highschool..its SO much better..
all the social BS of highschool simply disappears..its great!

Im still in contact with about 10 good friends from college..
I havent talked to anyone from highschool since I graduated in 1987..
I didnt even care about going to my 10th or 20th highschool renuion..it means nothing to me.

for me, "Real Life" began the day I started college! :)
and those were "the best times of my life"...
highschool wasnt bad..it was just pointless..

just offering an alternative to highschool being "the best times of your life"! ;)
if they arent..and they arent for many people..dont worry about it..
once you are out, things get much better..

Scot

graduating high school on sunday =]

Congratulations to everyone who is graduating or progressing in whatever way. It's a tough time to be looking for work, but hang in there. You know times are tough when even the accounting graduates aren't finding work. The petroleum and mining industries were busy shedding geologists when I got my geological engineering degree in 1984, so I know the feeling. Good luck.

just offering an alternative to highschool being "the best times of your life"! ;)

Scot

I'll second Scot on that one. I hated high school so much i did independent study my senior year so i could start college a year early. College is, in my opinion, a much better experience. All of a sudden, all of the petty insignificant crap you have to deal with in high school melts away. People are friendlier, and you'll finally start to a lot of students with the same career interests as you.

Jason

A great thing about college, if you're lucky enough to go away to college as a freshman, is that everyone is out to make new friends. It's as if everyone gets to make a fresh start. I noticed the same thing when I first went to grad school. It was different when I transferred after my sophomore year, because people at my new school had already established their connections and I felt like more of an outsider.

looking back 20 years later..IMO highschool is meaningless..
the only thing highschool is good for is to get good grades so you can go on to college..
for me, college was a billion times better than highschool! :)
college was a blast..highschool was just bland and boring..

so if you are currently in highschool and think it sucks..well..it probably does! ;)
but college is nothing like highschool..its SO much better..
all the social BS of highschool simply disappears..its great!

Scot

My thoughts EXACTLY!

Back