What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need to stay off ebay - I want this!

I have a few caudex forming Dorstenias (I call them my HP Lovecraft plants) but I don't have THIS one! Never even found this one while reading online. It's like a cross between a tuberous Aroid with flattened Masdevallia orchid blooms! Wow!
%21BSHvbBgB2k%7E$%28KGrHgoH-CYEjlLl9odTBKBndB4Gw%21%7E%7E_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dorstenia-buchananii-var-longepedunculata-Rare-strange_W0QQitemZ250421859856QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4e4e5610&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

I don't wanna risk that much money though as I've not grown the others long enough to know if I'll kill them or not. Info on growing them is rather scarce and most often contradictory.

But just look at it - it's weird! :drool:

I think you've got the manic newbie "gotta-catch-'em-all" disease.
You don't have to buy them all now. Grow some solid plants, find a community of knowledgeable growers that work with the species you want, and trade. You'll learn more in the process. I'm sure you already know all this, but sometimes it's helpful to be reminded.
And when you do find a community of people growing and trading those plants, please give me a heads-up.
~Joe

think you've got the manic newbie "gotta-catch-'em-all" disease.
True, but I always have that, I'm a bad collector! :D

Back