What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zee New Forum

How did you get that. No matter, you shall perish as well. MWAHAHA

What does that even mean?! i already escaped to another dimension and sealed the portal shut with Krazy glue and Duct tape. NO ONE CAN GET PAST IT NOW. not even...i'm not gonna say it :p

I believe Carn through me in there with you. *looks out into black emptiness and sees pet

Oh god nuuu! luckily there are no robots, since they got shut out.

My lab is with me. You wait for the uprising. MWAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

...um, no it isn't. its just a mirage that i created so that you THINK you're safe :) Muahahahah-*choke* haha!

No matter. The robots are on there way. They can open portals. You and your minions are doomed.

Why don't you guys take this to the chat box?

um, does this count as spam? I don't think threads are suppose to get this many responses so quickly. XD

god damn Nazis. Kids these days, ya know?

You guys obviously failed to realize that we, the good ol' US of A, have God (*cough-cough*), our massive manufactoring (*cough-cough-cough*), and most threatningly to you, Jack Bower biatches (no coughs there mothas)!

Um... lol?

xvart.

Waste of space.

I know I've read some weird/strange post before but this crap,not just rattlers but the senseless banter after it :censor: And now I know why I don't read many posts in general discussion.While I'm at it,I get tired of seeing people that join and post useless questions/or total crap to run up their post count :censor:

This IS in the general discussion area for a reason, though it's not anything productive to CPs I dont see the harm that it does. I wouldnt get so angry over just a post, it's one click away from not being on your screen...

Actually, not everyone joins to bring up their post count, most people including me are actually interested in growing these wonderful plants and learning more about them. A

I don't see the harm in an occasional fun topic, in which you aren't restricted to the bounds of the forums topic.

There's no need to go and shoot it down, also iyt'd be nice if you asked nicely.

I will start off by saying that not much offends me, but, I feel this has crossed a line of some sort. I have studied the German language and culture for several years now, and feel that it is things like this that continue to spread a negative stereotype about these people. The holocaust and Nazi regime are nothing to be joked about, even in the slightest degree. That fact that you would even make your name as "Der Führer" is rather offensive. Although the terms of use don't restrict any sort of offensive and distasteful speech, I just wanted make you aware that this post could be construed as extremely offensive to anybody with German heritage just reading or passing through, and would reflect negatively on this forum and its members. Please take some time to understand the crimes committed by the Nazis before you poke fun at it.

alright would like point a few things out before you get two comfortable on your high horse:

#1. i am roughly 1/4 German.....one set of my great grandparent left Germany for the US prior to the outbreak of WWI

#2 der führer fairly strictly translated means "the guide"....capitalize it to Der Führer and the translation may change slightly to "The Leader" depending on who is doing the translation.....i know enough German that i didnt have to look up any of the german words i used in my post....did double check the spelling on a few though as i learned to speak the language in conversation more than i did to read or write it( i have a hell of a time spelling stuff in english as well)....i have the same problem though its even more pronounced in my ability to speak Assiniboine though i only have the slightest clue how to spell about 2 words.....hell i know more Assiniboine than most the natives here :grin:

#3 i am a poor white boy born and raised on an indian reservation that our brilliant government thought would be a great idea to put two tribes that hate each other on.....the Sioux and the Assiniboine.....racial comments dont raise an eyebrow to me.....im of Norwegian, German, English, Green Irish, Scottish decent and who really knows what else aswell as being a self confessed half edumakated backwoods hick......my wife is Orange Irish and Dutch as well as being a Lutheran......take your best shot.....the only thing i ever consider over the line is personal shots at my family when its obvious its uncalled for and personal threats.....a racial joke is no big freaking deal....if you cant laugh at yourself you have a crappy road ahead of yah....i tell Norwegian, Scottish and Irish jokes more than anything........

#4 yes my original post should be taken with some seriousness.....there is absolutely nothing funny about dog farts.....Jake has not only developed the ability to clear a room but he has also successfully cleared a 50 x 120 foot building......if i ever do not show up on this forum it is because i was gassed in my sleep and couldnt make it out alive........

I wasn't trying to mount a high horse, but will continue to point out some flaws in your reasoning for the sake of discussion, and not in an attempt to start any sort of argument.

-Just because you have German heritage does not entitle you to make light of things that occurred there. Germans to this day have to deal with the psychology of the 'guilt problem,' where the future generations still deal with the negativity surrounding Germany due to its past actions. Any form of nationalism there is to this day looked upon with raised eyebrows, unless it is surrounding soccer/football. I've had great discussions with Germans over nationalism, while I have a great sense of pride in my nation, only to find that many are, in some sense, still ashamed of things they were not responsible for.

-Any studier of German can tell you that the word führer can still be found within the language today, in words such as Reiseführer or Geschäftsführer, just as two examples. Never will you see the word simply as der Führer anymore. The word alone simply has that one connotation, and I haven't seen used as a stand alone word outside of the Hitler context. The word Fräuline is also no longer used.

-Although my dog's farts cannot clear a room, they do smell like some pretty nasty seafood.

I guess my overall point is that I understand an American sitting here making jokes about the Nazis, etc., but I wish more people would realize the severity of the issue as it relates to Germans in the world today. Many still carry a heavy burden with them when it comes to this subject. An interesting fact illustrating this is although free-speech and thought is rampant in modern Germany, to this day, the display of the swastika and and nazi/neo-nazi propaganda, uniform, etc. is strictly illegal. Movies and video games from foreign countries, such as the US often have swastikas edited out.

i guess i dont see the point in guilt like that....unless you were there and could do something to stop it there is no guilt to be had.....ive got no guilt that my great great grandfather was personally involved in the killing of my cousins relatives from the same time....i didnt have a thing to do with it....i have no guilt to bear....

as for my german heritage not allowing me to poke fun........you said:
I just wanted make you aware that this post could be construed as extremely offensive to anybody with German heritage

i pointed out i am of German heritage and it didnt bug me.....i also dont throw a fit when some one makes a crack about dumb Norwegians or the drunk Irish or the Scottish guy that likes to screw sheep....i laugh and shoot a comment right back at them....

my post was obviously made in jest from the first line.....if you cant handle that it aint my problem.....as i said if a person cant laugh at themselves they have a hard life ahead of them....

Your a mutt, not a German.

Your a mutt, not a German.

actually thats the word i usually use to describe myself.....but i am proud of my heritage.....i consider myself an American above all else and refuse to do any of that hyphen crap.....but given about half my family tree is only about 100 years off the boat from Germany and Norway there have been some traditions ingrained in the family from those places.....

Back