What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wisdom tooth coming in....

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date
No, I just had extra transitional teeth between my premolars and my canines, like a second set of canines. The baby teeth came in and fell out just fine, but when they came back in adult-sized things didn't fit with an extra tooth in each quadrant, and they started pushing my incisors out of place. I wish they'd left the extras and taken out my canines, though - the mutant teeth were all fangy and cool.
~Joe

Had all four of mine removed last year. Pretty simple procedure...I had 3 impacted, one wasn't, but they removed it anyway...they can cause rot in your jaw that will slowly eat away your jawbone...that's what was happening to me, glad I got em removed...I was in some serious pain from mine. I say if you have the means of proper dental insurance, save yourself the pain and have em removed.

Here's my wisdom tooth story: I don't have one!

I have great teeth genes :D

Jason

All 4 of mine have come in, and the weirdest thing is that they never hurt! I don't see why they have to be removed...

Hehe, my story... sucked. It should not be used as reference when planning a trip to the dentist... here goes.

So, like you, I had to have my wisdom teeth removed... Born with all four (lucky me) and the procedure is simple, one at a time, top then bottom. So he starts with the top right, goes fine, done in 10 minutes... He then goes for the top left... Urghhh, hurts to remember this atm, lol. For some reason, it just wouldn't budge, I was 'rooted-in' very well, and propped up against the next tooth's root. I'll spare the details, but I will say that the dentist took a break from that tooth and moved to the bottom teeth.

By this time, I am in incredible pain, not cause I felt anything (I was completely numb), but cause my neck and face muscles were taught and cramped up due to my having to work against his pushes and pulls...

So, hoping that now he's moved to the bottom teeth, it would go smoother than the last tooth. Well, boy was I wrong. Back and forth, left and right, trying anything in his bag of tricks, nada. Wouldn't budge! Once again, *details removed* (you just don't wanna know) he finally got the bottome two out, but it was 2 hours later. He then goes back up top, and finishes off the job.

A procedure that should have taken say, an hour, an hour and a half tops. I was there for 5 hours, and when i left, i couldn't move my head, had a splitting headache (i never, ever, get headaches) and couldn't eat solid foods for 3 weeks. Diet of milkshakes and 'fortified' jello, mashed potatoes, mashed everything for that matter :)

Thank god it's a once in a lifetime thing, like chickenpox.

Don't be worried, it's a very easy fix, for most people, I, unfortunately, have 'unusually' closely spaced teeth, makes for a great smile tho ;) Listen, my story is a 1 in a 1000 type of thing, you have nothing to worry about. Just be prepared to not be able to eat solids for two-three days. You're gonna look like a chipmunk for those two days with swollen cheeks, girls are gonna be all over you ;) (not really)
I love going to the dentist, there's no better feeling than coming out of there, clean and fresh, and good to go for a good 6-12 months.

^Oooo that sounds horrible! My condolences... hehe.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom tooth stories everyone!
Tooth.gif

my mouth is all messed up...when i got my first wisdom teeth out, i was put under nitrous oxide so i was still a little aware of things, but higher than a kite lol. Anyway, my doctor, one of those ultra tan dentists who travels to developing countries to help children in need of teeth fixing, and is ripped, litteraly pulled it out. He goes "oops." to the nurse and im like "haha...ahhh...what just happened?" long story short he thought he pulled the wrong one! Hearing whups from a doctor operating on you is never good lol!

Hope you feel better!

nitrous doesnt knock yah out.....you still know whats going on.....just makes the time seem like its going faster and yah not care so much about whats going on......

Back