What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oreo Vs. Wasp

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
Oreo Vs. Wasp

“To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee”
oreo_wasp2.jpg

Enjoy,
Av

Nice. I had a wasp do that before. it is funny watching them trying to get out

lol, por wasp. :p

Very cool. Now just wait a few weeks until he dries out. It's going to look seriously creepy.

Actually, I just happened to stumble upon an old picture of exactly that-

3556624797_0aafa64a37.jpg

Doesn't it just scream "Give me a hug!" :p

Last edited:
Haha, some years that's what half or more of my upright pitchers look like. Somehow they don't seem to do it in the purpurea hybrids - maybe they use the opposite wall of the pitcher for leverage?
~Joe

i hate when this happens! it ruins a good pitcher IMO.

Yikes. i always make sure my wasps are dead before i hand feed them so this doesn't happen :) but if the wasp is alive and buzzing in the pitcher, i just throw water in that pitcher so it drowns :p

I'm in a forum where people say "nice", "haha", "very cool", "lol", "nice" and "funny" about an animal's ill-fated struggle for life. Yikes. But all humanity is not lost; one did add "poor wasp". An excellent photo and great quote, by the way, although it might be more appropriate for an S. leucophylla.

Thanks,

I thought the quote was appropriate

psssssssssst, the wasp lived and oddly enough once he got out, so did his brother who was underneath him.... although his bro seemed a bit more dazed and confused
Av

They're girls. Wasps are more highly evolved than humans and the guys let the girls do all the work.

Nice shot!

Sadly, a wasp bit a huge hole in one of my larger oreo pitchers some weeks ago... It was pretty bad and I ended up having to cut it off as it bent all the way down when the winds kicked up. Now, I monitor the pitchers and fill the ones that have live wasps with water to drown them.

Seems like the wasp and Sarracenia have a takeaway from this. I wonder if the sibling wasps will eat the rest of it just for spite.

lol, at first I thought this was referring to the oreo cookie.

Back