What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southeast CP society

• Thread starter I am Bob
  • Start date

I am Bob

Not really
Hi, I am thinking about trying to start a southeast CP society. I would like to see if any body would be interested, or would like to tell me to do otherwise due to some law.

I like. Any ideas about mission statement? I vote to avoid lofty and misguided conservation goals. I think it should be like an old-lady gardening club, except there won't be any old ladies. And if there are old ladies they will be obsessed with Carnivorous Plants.

I like the goal of spreading the word of the joys of growing CPs. Members will get rewards for recruiting new members. It will be like a religion! The website could be filled with resources about where to get pots and plants and links to Barry's FAQ.

Good ideas Cp- connection

What states are you including?

Young ladies obsessed with Carnivorous Plants would be better.

What states are you including?
'Southeast' is rather large. I believe Brian Barnes has setup a Florida society & there have been talks of one around Atlanta because of the number of CP'ers there .... How many people are interested & how far are they willing to drive? :scratch:

You live in New Jersey and want to join? I don't know... we're going to have to vote on that one... Joking! Hope you're healthy and happy, take care Josh.

'Southeast' is rather large. I believe Brian Barnes has setup a Florida society & there have been talks of one around Atlanta because of the number of CP'ers there .... How many people are interested & how far are they willing to drive? :scratch:

You live in New Jersey and want to join? I don't know... we're going to have to vote on that one... Joking! Hope you're healthy and happy, take care Josh.
Nope - it would be a tad far for me ... :eek: I'm waiting for a good organizing person to gather up the folks around NYC, NJ & east PA for a gathering. There's a number of folks already interested in CPs from the area that frequent either one of the forums or the listserver & if they were ever organized, I suspect that we would grow via word-of-mouth like the clubs in LA or San Fran .... (... & no - before someone asks - I'm not the person to do the organizing. I've got way too much on my plate now - but I would be willing to chip in some 'door-prize' plants ...).

there have been talks of one around Atlanta because of the number of CP'ers there ....

There has been much talk about an Atl CPS but not a lot more than that... I think that the few of us that are here just swing individual hook ups on a catch as catch can basis...

Some states that I think Would be included are: GA, SC, NC, TN, AL, LA, KY, and VA. but if there would be someone who would like to join from a state that is next to one of those, or that is considered Southeast, then I don't see a problem with them joining.

Good luck.

CP growers seem to be far and few between.
I have found 3, 1 moved, 2 growers that we get together at someones house once or twice a year to talk CP's and trade among ourselves.

Am I the first to join?

Joined up!
Can I be a moderator? Or even better, an administrator? lol

I think this has some potential!

I joined. So when's our first meeting and plant trade?

Sorry, I kinda of missed this.
Tyd; maybe, only if we need mods...
Catrus; Second
Ozzy; no idea...

I am working on the site today, and hope to have more members soon.

Hello, all. New to the forum, been lurking for a little while. This site is a great resource to novice CP growers. I would love to join.

welcome; welcome to the forrums and the society. what part of Mid Tn are you. I am also in Mid Tn, and know a few more growers in this area.

Some states that I think Would be included are: GA, SC, NC, TN, AL, LA, KY, and VA.

Lol, how much more southeast can you get than Florida? I´ma going to join when I get back home.

Back