What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LAKERS!!!! Your 08-09 NBA CHAMPIONS!

obregon562

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating.
Supporter
Thats right folks, THE Los Angeles Lakers are once again the champions of the NBA! 15 baby! They CRUSHED the Magic 99-86 to clinch tonight, at Orlando. Kobe was, of course, Finals MVP. Ariza, my favorite player, went for a nice 10-6-6, Bynum owned the boards, and Fisher had a few key threes. Everyone delivered, Gasol dominated Howard, evrything is good! GO LAKERS!!!

Booooo! Magic 4 life!

Jason

GO LAKERS!

Jason, you don't deserve to be called a Californian.

IMHO They ended the series too early... even though Magic had no experiance they should at least let it go to Game 6, like Obama predicted. Obamas more of a Californian than you Jason.

Boooooooooo Jassson! xD

I guess that means Jason is relatively sane.
:D

Last edited:
LAKERS SUCK!

Jason, you don't deserve to be called a Californian.

IMHO They ended the series too early... even though Magic had no experiance they should at least let it go to Game 6, like Obama predicted. Obamas more of a Californian than you Jason.

Boooooooooo Jassson! xD

I'm not a Californian. I was born in Santa Cruz, but my heart and home are in Orlando.

Jason

technically Go lakers is part of your post. ;)

dont deny the laker love!~

Hmm... :-O

The fans seemed to have gone wild. Flipping cars and destroying property... it's all over the news now. What a wonderful way to celebrate! Thanks goodness it's over. The kids down the street have been wearing their jerseys and playing in the middle of the street for weeks.
Let us not also mention those extremely tacky car flags. :lol:

I felt this sharp pain in my side when they won. Don't mind the Lakers, but can't stand Kobe... he sort of ruins the experience for me.

take the LA out of your profile Jason! :D

I cant belive people root for the magic. Its a frickin Disney World basketball team!

Joosa,

ISnt the riotous-ness fun?! :-))

Baylorguy,

If i had a dollar for everytime ive heard that...most people hate him because he's so damn good IMO. Just like a bunch of people hate MJ with a passion, or anyone who's reallly just incredibly dominate.

Anyone wanna bet they'll repeat next year? :D

Well then I am an excpetion to why most people despise Kobe. I think he lacks character and is full of himself. It has nothing to do with how good he thinks he is. It has to do with the person he portays himself to be.

And actually, don't dismiss the Magic. There were a couple of close games... this series could have looked completely different right now.

Phil

take the LA out of your profile Jason! :D

I cant belive people root for the magic. Its a frickin Disney World basketball team!

Joosa,

ISnt the riotous-ness fun?! :-))

Baylorguy,

If i had a dollar for everytime ive heard that...most people hate him because he's so damn good IMO. Just like a bunch of people hate MJ with a passion, or anyone who's reallly just incredibly dominate.

Anyone wanna bet they'll repeat next year? :D

Well then I am an excpetion to why most people despise Kobe. I think he lacks character and is full of himself. It has nothing to do with how good he thinks he is. It has to do with the person he portays himself to be.

I was going to post almost this exact same thing earlier. I wholeheartedly agree. Kobe Bryant is no Michael Jordan and he certainly is no Magic Johnson.

xvart.

Of course he's not Jordan or Johnson. He's Bryant.

I think that idea comes from both the Shaq fallout and a few years back when the Lakers sucked and he was accused of being and bad team mate, demanded a trade, etc...

I belive he is full of himself. So was MJ, Magic, and every other star in every other sport. If theyre not they turn into the Ryan Leaf's and Kwame Browns of the world-people with talent but no drive.

The team mate thing was because the team was no good! The other team memebers couldnt handle the type of leader Kobe is, one who demands people give their absolute best. He was tired of leading quitters! He got extremely capable players and look what happend, 2 championship sppearances in 2 years.

Anyway, enough about Kobe.

This is about the LA LAKERS! The parades tomorrow people! PAR-TAY!

Yuck. The real news is that the Penguins beat the Red Wings for the Stanley Cup.

I won't watch the NBA until the officials start calling travelling violations according to the rules, call the fouls by the stars and quit inventing fouls against whoever is guarding the stars.

Back