What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC Auction

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hello everybody

I just wanted to remind y'all to please post in the auction forum an update on what you shipped out or received so we can close the auctions out. If you have an issue with either not receiving something, not getting shipping money (that would me :blush: ), or anything else, please contact me or any other mod.

We did SOOOO good...but we have to finish this auction up.

AND...please post here any suggestions you might have for changes. Last year it was suggested we have the auction earlier and we did. That seemed to work better I think.

Thanks y'all. :)

i'll close mine out ASAP PAK! :)

as for suggestions, i say have some super rare items and hold a silent auction that lasts until the end of the auction.

What does the NASC do with its money?

Now there's a question. I could write for about 10 pages, but I'll keep it short. :)

For this auction specifically: The Nature Conservancy for burn maintenance at Myrtle Head Savanna in North Carolina. You can read about the site and a recent re-planting effort in the Spring '09 NASC newsletter.

In general: Fulfilling our mission. For instance, the NASC just recently sent its Head of Conservation (our very own Ozzy,) to Florida for a rescue where an entire tract of land is undergoing construction, and all of the plants were going to be destroyed. We got literally hundreds of plants from the site. A portion of those plants were sent out to one of the distributed Growers to prevent having "all of our eggs in one basket." Plans are underway to distribute the plants to other growers as well. You'll hear plenty more about that, complete with pictures, in the upcoming newsletter. :)

Beyond accomplishing our missions (as set in our mission statement ) there are always some smaller-but-numerous "hidden" fees. These include bank fees, website fees, governmental fees, etc.

/Short version

More importantly, what kind of grand total are we looking at this year?

Jason

Dr. Wurm,

We set a record this year! Pure auction items brought us almost to $5000, and with a few extra donations, we crossed the threshhold!

Dr. Wurm,

We set a record this year! Pure auction items brought us almost to $5000, and with a few extra donations, we crossed the threshhold!

Wow! Recession Reschmession.

Jason

Back