What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too all hunters

Indiana Gardener

Got Drosera?
I've been busy lately and not had much time here, but had to share this right quick. It's from an e-mail forward I received.

to-all-hunters.jpg

"I think I'll just go pick some chips off the Doritos tree in the backyard and then visit the steak vine.

They walk among us & they are allowed to vote!!!!!"

I knew the meat from the supermarket didn't taste real, but I had no idea that was actually the case. LOL

Tree huggers

Don't they know what
P.E.T.A stands for?
It stands for People Eat Tasty Animal's

What a strange article.

got $20 on it being a letter to the editor.......reporters usually aint that stupid......usually.......

I don't think you'll get very good odds on that bet, rattler - from the non-highlighted parts of the pic it's pretty obvious that you're right. :D
~Joe

As a hunter and fisherman I run into this all to much! Very much so living in the liberal state of California! Currently California is having a population problem with the wild turkies that have been introduced here for hunting. You would think California would open the season up longer and allow more birds to be taken, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO. We are currently using tax payers money to higher California fish and game to RELOCATE the turkies! How the *#%$@* does that help anything with the turkey population! It's only moving the problem. What happens when they run out of places to relocate too. It's amazing the human race has lost the fact that less the 100 years ago most people raised their own meat or hunted it. This means they had to kill, clean and cook it! If we every have a golbal holocaust it is amazing how many people will starve just because they don't know how or won't kill, clean and cook their food!

LOLOLOL no offence but the person who wrote that... should buy common sense at the dollar tree.

That is down right hilarious. I totally agree with you Frilleon. People need to learn to kill for food. There is nothing wrong with killing, as long as your killing for food.
And as a matter of fact, as I am typing this, I have a big chunk of a REAL salmon in the oven. LOL. Too bad they don't grow on trees though. Although, I bet if they did, The Liberal hippies wold chain them selves to the tree, saying don't eat this, It is ALIVE. It has feelings too. How would you like it if you were eaten.
Reality check Liberal hippies, this may sound disgusting, but everyone in the end becomes worm food. Every living thing on this earth becomes food. No offense.

>Every living thing on this earth becomes food.>

So true!

I myself don't hunt, it's always too dang cold during the seasons for anything good! However, I do enjoy wild food when cold-tolerant family members have extra. I almost can't stomach meat from the store. It doesn't taste right. I do actually gut and clean whole eel from the Asian market for my birds though. LOL

I bet none of those liberal Hippies grow CP's. If they did, I wonder what they feed them, if anything. LOL. Watch them trying to save the bugs from certain death. LOL. That I would love to see. Take a hand full of them Liberal Hippies, drop them in a jungle where CP's naturally grow, and watch them try to "SAVE THE BUGS". LOL.

I hunt because deer are healthier and have lived amazing lives. And the meat is almost free!

As one who loves to write stuff like that, I think I detect the work of a kindred spirit and say it's a joke.

Nothing beat FRESH caught food. Whether fished or hunted there's nothing else like it in the world and like CPC said, it's almost free!
After seeing how some companies like Hormel treat their stock it makes me want to become a caveman and hunt for my own food permanently.

It's not a joke. I meant nothing by it. Where would you get your necessary protein that the body needs if you didn't eat meat. I love meat. I am a big meat eater. There's nothing funny about it. I have only killed once. That was squirrel with my uncle. The squirrel tasted like chicken actually.
There is nothing evil/Kindred about me. I just love meat and protein for my body. The vegetarians need to get a grip/hold of themselves. Eating meat is natural. Doesn't make the person a bad person.
I just think it's funny when they say we shouldn't kill for food and eat the meat that was made for us.
UMMMM. Helloooo. Where do they think the meat came from in the first place. It came from An animal in the wild or from a farm raised animal for food. That's what farms are for. Still an animal though, whether it be wild or farm raised.
The consumption of another living thing is natural, as long as you dont cannibalize each other.

Hi CP-Connection. Yes the deer meat is almost free. Only costs a 50 cent to 75 cent 30-06 bullet per deer.
Very reasonable price. LOL.

The consumption of another living thing is natural, as long as you dont cannibalize each other.
As disturbing as it sounds, this too seems to be natural amongst even some of the more sophisticated mammals in the wild. Namely, chimpanzees. If you can call a creature who enjoys poop hurling sophisticated. LOL

Forgot to mention that I have also caught and killed/eaten tons of trout,catfish, etc. in my days as well. The squirrel is in the category of hunting. The trout,catfish, etc.. is in the Fishing category

bet none of those liberal Hippies grow CP's

I do! :)

I also love fishing. Hunting and eatings things off the land is one of the best ways to "be in touch with Earth Mother" as they say IMO.

Back