What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seriously PETA?!

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly
Pyro, when you said, "They have gone to the point where swatting flies is a heinous crime, it will not be long before it is wrong to take vaccines or antibiotics for fear of harming the viruses and bacteria", you did know that swatting a fly is not a crime anywhere, right?

Bruce, I do not know why you always take me so literally...

Yes, I am fully aware that there is no law that says you can not kill a fly. I am not that stupid.

What I was saying was that, in the eyes of PETA, swatting a fly is such a deplorable act that when the President does it on live TV it creates a national fracas... To them it is, quite obviously, a crime...

I guess you took me as literally as I took you. That's the flaw of forum discussions and why we should try to be careful about how we say things. PETA is an irrelevant splinter organization and the best way to deal with such a thing is to ignore it.

PETA is an irrelevant splinter organization and the best way to deal with such a thing is to ignore it.

Ignoring PETA is like ignoring cancer. It does not just go away. That is why they are as big as they are, everyone thinks that if you pretend they are not there then they will just disappear. That is like saying if you are standing in the middle of a freeway and you close your eyes so you can not see the cars then you will not get hit.

If you just leave them alone then they continue to grow and thrive. The best way to deal with them is to actively oppose them. STOP them from growing! STOP them from acting!

PETA has a smaller budget than the national cattlemen's association, among many others, and nothing is a quicker kiss of death for an animal welfare or environmental proposal than to say PETA supports it. It's an irrelevant splinter organization.

And I say again size does not matter. PETA's budget may be small compared to the cattleman's association but it is still a fair chunk of change... I wish I has $30 million annually to piss away on irrelevant crap.

As lunatic fringe as they are they grew up from small standings and continue to grow and will continue to grow if ignored. Hell, they count on being ignored so that they can do what they want do in shadows rather than in the spotlight. Being a splinter organization does not make them irrelevant it makes the dangerous. And everyone who shrugs them off as "harmless" just lends their support by turning a blind eye.

So go ahead and ignore them and all the other groups like them working in shadows. That is your right. Me, I will continue on my own path.

Here is my view on animal rights. Any living creature (bug, plant, or animal) has the right to a healthy life as long as it doesn't directly destroy or inconvenience people to a large extent. An animal also has the right to self defense, if you attack animal and make it fear for its life and takes yours, its your fault. Animal's lives are NOT equal to a humans or even differing species of life. The worth of the life should be judge based on the animal's total population's health AND the local population's health. People SHOULD NOT be able to destroy important habitat if empty or unhealthy environments are near by. Domestic animals should be eaten and dairy should be taken. Humans evolved to be omnivores and their is no logical reason to doubt that and dairy cows LIKE being milked. I don't support any organization that doesn't agree with a good number of my points.

Back