What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seriously PETA?!

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly
Correction:
http://www.mail-archive.com/vfb@troutnet.com/msg20063.html
I see cites coming after them for killing all the plants with fertilizer. People are crazy now. If they actually do this and kill about 50, let's sue them! Not kidding.
And any plants that do survive they'll go and kill.

PETA ought to learn a little bit about being consistent:

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Not okay to kill a fly but is okay to kill 21,339 pets...

Someone explain that logic to me

Hipocrits! Exactly pyro.

PETA ought to learn a little bit about being consistent:

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Not that I doubt the basic message of the website, as I've had plenty of wacky interactions with PETA folks, but did it seem a little weird to anyone how they cite several widely varying figures about how many animals PETA actually adopts out? Pyro, did you have a chance to look at the sources they linked to? I'm getting ready for work right now so I can't get too involved.
~Joe

So they intentionally are goign to kill CP's that we would buy, just to save some flies? I would think the least they could do is sell us the plants and use the money to take care of the animals that they kill. What hipocrits!:crazy:

Mmm...hmmm but anyways, i think they mean WILD cps, and they could have even been doing this in secret since this was from 2003 (Not accusing, just saying)

Are they insane?! they want to kill cp's just to save a few flies?!

but did it seem a little weird to anyone how they cite several widely varying figures about how many animals PETA actually adopts out?

Part of that discontinuity is that PETA seems to fudge its numbers depending on who they talk to...

Pyro, did you have a chance to look at the sources they linked to? I'm getting ready for work right now so I can't get too involved.

Been through them a couple time but been a while. Best thing to look at is under the chart on the right side that says "Skeptical? Click here>>>" That opens a PDF. The PDF is public files that PETA is required by law to turn in on an annual basis. CCF obtains copies of those files from public records via FIA.

Just more of the same wackiness.

I can still recall, some years back, a PETA table set out in my home town of Santa Cruz, California -- with a message then set to align themselves with the radical feminist movement present there. I'll never forget it:

"How can we [as women] persist in our fight for equality when we insist upon biting down on the greasy bones of little murdered birds?"

No kidding. Verbatim.

Because . . . they're sooo tasty?

And with this information out...no one has really tried to stop them? For example, not give them the pets for them to ¨try to find¨new homes and such? Kind of confused.

Also, I cracked up on the PETA Kills Animal site where there´s a billboard saying in NYC Time Square:

¨PETA Kills Animals!¨

And below it:

¨It´s a prime time to laugh. TBS.¨

I saw the Peta report on Fox last night. The only time Fox would refer to Peta for a news piece! lol!

Going against PETA is an extreme challenge because they have a huge level of support from lots of celebrities (and you know our country is populated by sheep who follow celebrities like gods) and a whole heaping ton of cash. When smaller groups try to challenge them PETA just throws all their funding into slamming them back down... In those cases it is a war of attrition and the small group falls because they run out of funds first.

There are some cases were the truth comes out. Like the NC trial. But it still ends up with PETA getting away with their crap because they have the big money for big lawyers and the legal system is so screwed that it allows them to abuse it.

If PETAs so bad who are the "good" animal rights people?

If PETAs so bad who are the "good" animal rights people?

It's not that they're particularly bad; it's just that they've become caricatures of themselves, ideologues -- or, at least many of its California proponents. I know of which I speak.

I don't care what brand name -- sexual, political, religious, etc. -- they carry or fall under; I won't deal with fanatics of any ilk.

Let the fur fly . . .

I hate PETA, animals eat other animals, its life, and we are animals.

So what does PETA actually do? lol what's the point?

So what does PETA actually do? lol what's the point?

They sylph around the country, deploring everything from maintaining zoos, factory farms, utilizing fur, eating meat -- and some even swearing off the use of any animal products, including milk and cheese. Yet those who were protesting here in SF the last time were all sporting leather or suede shoes.

Go figure . . .

petmantis, after reading through this thread, I am with you. It doesn't seem like there is a clear goal. I did some digging on their official site and found this:

http://www.peta.org/FeatureSexiestVegetarianCelebrity.asp

Defnitely seems like there is a pop culture spin to it. It's almost like reading PEOPLE magazine, so Pyro is right on when he said they have lots of support from people with money. I personally think it is a group of deconstructionists masquerading as an organization that actually cares about animals.

But that's just me :)

Back