What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got back home 2:30 am this morning. Here are how the plants are.

The Good:

D. aliciae and mystery dews. The D. aliciae took being alone very well. Alice is a big girl now...*Sniff* They grow up so fast. D: :
DSC03199.jpg

N. singalana's first pitcher under my care. Still has some coloring up to do:
DSC03200.jpg

N. bongso basals. They really took off:
DSC03201.jpg

N. spect x aristo's new pitcher. Still needs to color up:
DSC03202.jpg

Outside N. ventratas. One of the three main vines finally acclimated from being moved outside in October and is producing pitchers. This is my first upper pitcher of any Nepenthes.
DSC03203.jpg

My temperates:
DSC03204.jpg

S. alata decided to make some late flowers:
DSC03206.jpg

Wal-Mart VFT exploded in growth:
DSC03207.jpg

S. minor enjoying it's almost natural habitat:
DSC03208.jpg

Me clumping three pots of S. leuco 'Tarnok'. Those aren't even all of my Tarnoks, I have a ton of these plants:
DSC03209.jpg

Seems like my mystery Sarracenia is S. alata. Or some sort of hybrid involving alata. One pitcher looked like a hybrid of alata x rubra.
DSC03210.jpg

My mini-bog. Right is yet another clump of S. leuco 'Tarnok', top is S. flava var. rugelii from Andy, and left is S. x 'Dana's Delight' from Andy, and middle is an unknown Sarr which came with my mystery Sarracenia. What's interesting about the middle oneis that it gets a reddish hue and came with the mystery Sarracenia, which doesn't get a reddish hue. Might be a totally different plant. Anyway, the S. x 'Dana's Delight' is trying to infest the mini-bog with phyllodias. I'll probably have to take divisions soon:
DSC03212.jpg

S. x 'Mardi Gras' is making a huge comeback. But due to it being dwarfed by bigger surrounding pots, it's a bit light starved. All my outside plants were in one huge tray except for the mini-bog and ventrata. Some other plants got a bit light-starved.:
DSC03215.jpg

The Bad:

S. psittacina which was a very nice red. :I :
DSC03213.jpg

D. capensis 'red'. It WAS a solid red. *Grumble grumble*:
DSC03216.jpg

N. sanguinea lost all of its pitchers. Can't fit it in my tanks, and the windowsill doesn't give much light during the spring and summer. I'll leave it there and see how it does, or I might move it outside...:
DSC03218.jpg

One of my Ceph's growth point died. Not surprised since it was waterlogged for 3 weeks. Still has two or three more, though. About 5 pitchers are in production right now:
DSC03223.jpg

The Not-THAT Ugly:
Poor D. intermedia 'Cuba'. D: One of the two plants got squashed against the side of the tray and both got kind of light-starved. Hopefully it'll make a come back:
DSC03214.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it. :) I'm surpried how well my Neps took being waterlogged, as well.

im about to be leaving my plants in the care of my mother and my sisters boyfriend who works at a nursery and is actually an orchid grower....
i hope my stuff makes it fine...there are a few plants that i couldnt bare to lose......

Yeah, I know how you feel. :/ This is has been about the fourth time I've left my plants. But I always worry if some of my favorite plants are ill or not. I'm so our gardener tended to my temperates everyday. But I'm sure they'll be able to care for them.

Lookin' good!

I just got back from my trip today as well and was also surprised to find that my neps really exploded in the very wet/semi-waterlogged conditions.

Love that ventrata! I really gotta move mine outside, it's not doing that well inside.

Thanks for the comments. :)

The red capensis should turn red again as long as it's in the sun and mystery sundew looks to me like D. intermedia.

Wow! Antarctica looks pretty good at this time of year.

Back