What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Apolligey

• Thread starter CN
  • Start date
Daren, You don't need to ask for a ban. We get it that you're doing damage control. It's not that big of a deal. Some folks here have received temporary bans for far worse offenses than you and they were accepted back just fine. It's just a time out.

If you really feel that strongly about it then just don't post to TF anymore, but it's really not necessary. Besides...who cares if some members don't like you. You have plenty of friends here who do so...no worries. Live and learn and enjoy the plants man!

apology accepted and i also owe you one for how i made myself appear. i am sorry for that. hate is a strong word. i dont hate anyone on these forums. some annoy me but i dont hate em. and a reputation can be gained. this is the first step to that reputation revival.

Alex

Holy Crap Now you people are waking up .
where was this in the thread before the banning .

Trying to draw a correlation between the other thread and this one is ridiculous. Ozzys joke was not even close to offensive and in now way violated the rules of this forum. What happened in the other thread crossed the line too many times.

An for you who now Dislike me , I did ask for a permanent Ban an was Denied .
not saying anyone one does just showing i kept my word in asking for the perm ban

We do not make martyrs here.

As has been said every other time a member has demanded that we ban them; It is the decision of the Sr. Staff and the Sr. Staff alone to ban someone. We do not do it at the request of members.

If you really hate the site so much now that you no longer wish to be a part of it then the solution to that is simple: Remove the bookmark from your browser, clear the history from your computer and then resist the urge to type in the url in the address bar.

It is not our job to keep you from coming here if you do not like the forum. It is our job to make sure the site stays friendly over all.

Daren, You don't need to ask for a ban. We get it that you're doing damage control. It's not that big of a deal. Some folks here have received temporary bans for far worse offenses than you and they were accepted back just fine. It's just a time out.

If you really feel that strongly about it then just don't post to TF anymore, but it's really not necessary. Besides...who cares if some members don't like you. You have plenty of friends here who do so...no worries. Live and learn and enjoy the plants man!

Phil, you truly have a way with words. Everyone ought to take these words to heart. We all have bad days, Sr. Staff understand that. That is what the 3-day cool down is for, if you have a bad day and trip over the line it lets you chill and think about it before things snowball and you end up cutting your nose off despite your face.

If anyone here gets a 3-day, use it for what it is -- A chance to think. Think about what happened. Think about why Sr. Staff thought you needed to cool off. And then think about what you are going to do about it. I have seen three major choises made by people in the past:

1) You man up and apologize. If you are sincere then you are going to be welcomed back.

2) You are going to spout lip-service to try and dodge the spotlight. You might succeed in hiding in the shadows for a bit but eventually you are going to find the light back on you.

3) You come back with guns blazing and go out in flames for good. No one misses you.

Like I said, I have seen all three. The vast majority of the cases are situation 1. Personally I prefer that option.

Back