What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Squerril!

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    baby

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
Today a squierrel got to a baby robin (more like a teenager) and tried to gouge open his neck. My dad and i rescued the robin, and he likely has a broken leg. How can we heal it? First i'd take it to an animal doctor

the squirrels are going crazy!!! sorry i dont exactly know how you would help it, but taking it to an animal doctor would probably be best bet

Im taking it to the animal rehab in about half an hour.

If the bird is still healthy enough, the rehabilitator can treat the neck wound and splint the leg if necessary.

As for the squirrel, they make very good floured meat and gravy dishes!

Like a lot of cute furry things that we think of as being strictly herbivores, squirrels will eat meat when they can get it.

As for IG's recommendation, the problem is that other squirrels will overwhelm the neighborhood while you're still making gravy from the first. You need to think big and I recommend a Brunswick Stew block party:

http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipe/919/brunswick-stew-(squirrel-stew)-for-a-crowd.html

You might want to leave out the chickens and add ten more squirrels. The recipe would have to be doubled for my block, because of the number of people and squirrels.

I am actually taking it tommorrow, and i'll look for worms tonight and tommorrow for it

That recipe looks really good! I would make a few changes with the veggie choices, but it's good!

It seems to have died overnight... we will take it to see

he's... dead

Back