What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a weekend. R.I.P Billy Mays, MJ, Farra, and McMan

this is a RIP thread, no bashing or harassing PLEASE
keep it clean, in hopes of actually sending out your messages, if you dont like any of them, dont post. try to avoid a repeat
but according to foxnews, at 7:34 this morning, Billy Mays was found dead in his home.
We lost another one :\
for an infomercial man, he was pretty well know, even if only for his yelling OXICLEAN at everything...
Man.
what a weekend :\

WHAT!? BILLY MAYS?
I loved that guy! Your joking right?

Wh-wh-what!? Billy Mays!? NO. Even if his commercials were kind of annoying, nooo! D: RIP Billy Mays. I'll never forget your commercials. And McMan as in WWE chairman McMan?

Edit: Also RIP to MJ and Fara. :/

woah, dudes, he was 50 also. Just like MJ. 50 is a bad number guys.

Billy Mays? ... Wasn't he having a "showdown" of the commercials?... What happened?

I wa reading an article about it on the net. I respect that the family doesn't want to go public about. It is sad that they have to ask for privacy just to get a way from the parasitic paparazzi. Is there no dignity now a days?
RIP Billy.

Sirkristoff, I actually thought Billy was cool. Still do.

Anyone who can get you to pay 5x more than something is worth for a product you don't really need is cool in my book.

Annoying yelling or not the man was great. He had a disability (the constant yelling and not being able to control his voice) and found a way to make it positive.

My wife and I use KaBoom all the time. That stuff was amazing. I loved his commercials because they were fun.

xvart.

Kaboom is amazing indeed, we use it.
we also use oxiclean :\ lol
but the spray stuff not the concentrate stuff for your wash.

ahhh yeah....ive never used it but i completely forgot about that lol.

foget that stuff, his show was great! Pitchmen was suh-weet. Man what a bad week!

I turn 48 in a little more than a month and am reminded too frequently about mortality. I can't say that any of those four meant much to me, but they were fellow humans and had families, friends and fans and I feel sorry for them. At least three of them were cultural icons for people of my age.

This death thing is becoming too familiar - I looked in the paper this morning to read the obit of someone who used to be on a nonprofit board with me and, next to hers was the obit of someone I used to work with. It really sucks. She was a year younger than me and he was only 61. They did a lot of good for the world but, like most people, didn't seek or get wealth & fame.

I loved pitchmen. It's real shame to have to see it end now, so early.

RIP Billy

Good health to everyone.

Billy Mays... now there's someone I can get emotional over. He was definitely a memorable figure in my generation.

I hope they have dirty bathrooms in heaven, so Billy can sell cleaning products for them.

Jason

Back