What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New sundew!!!!!!

Hey capensis! You always post while I'm writing messages. It makes it look like I'm ignoring you. Thanks for the advice. I'll try it out.

Haha, I'm a ninja. :p I always reply to threads quickly. And you're welcome. :)

I try to post quickly to

No need to be offended Chomp. They are just trying to help you. I actually just purchased my first Drosera Adelae at Lowes 2 days ago. This is the first time I have seen one there. Usually they get in Drosera Capensis. They have one sitting there right now. I had one I bought from Lowes a few years back that over ran my terrarium when it went to seed.

Those care sheets on those little terrariums, usuallly are just generic. The one on my new dew also said full sun, but the general growing instructions for Adelae are shade, to partial sun. They can grow quite large, so if you do not have a terrarium, it will quickly over grow the cube it came in. They can reach 8" in diameter.

Funny story came with my sundew........When I purchased it the woman who rang me out, was looking at the cube funny and the plant inside, after she looked some more she finally asked................. does the tongue really come up out of it like that? (Questioning the sticker they use to seal the cube shut.) I gave a chuckle and politely said no.

Good luck with your new dew!

I HAVE taken care of sundews, just they weren't mine. I was only asking for a few tips. You don't have to pretend that I'm completely clueless. I find it rather offending.

Then you should have previously stated that if you wanted us to know that about you.

I never said you were clueless, I was making a general statement that could apply to anyone or anything. I was only implying that reading about something and actually taking care of something are two different things.

No need to be offended, we're only here to help. I apologize if I came off as rude in any way.

Matt

I think I kind of overt reacted. I owe you an apology. Sorry :sorry:

thanks

Back