What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medanos de Coro/Sand Dunes of Coro Picture Thread

These pictures are from my trip to Venezuela. Went to some neat place, but this was by far my favorite place. Los Medanos de Coro, or the Sand Dunes of Coro in English. I've never been to a desert like this before, so it was a breath taking experience. And these pictures just don't do its justice (probably said it wrong, but whatever). I'll probably never forget this.

DSC03172.jpg

The farther you got into the desert, the purer the sand is. This is near the beginning.
DSC03171.jpg

(Not me in the picture) After crossing over a few dunes, I saw what seems to be a trench:
DSC03180.jpg

...Or is it? It's pretty tall, I'm 5' 7" and I sort of had to look up to see the top. It was fun to climb, though.
DSC03184.jpg

"Landslides" that me and my brothers caused by climbing the wall:
DSC03186.jpg

After putting my hand on it:
DSC03187.jpg

After leaving, driving by it. I didn't take a picture, but there was a sign that was engulfed by the sand and just barely stuck out:
DSC03189.jpg

My favorite picture that I took:
DSC03182.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it. :) If you want the complete walkthrough that I took, I'd be happy to show it to you guys.

Cool! Lovecraft wrote about the Empty Spaces in the desert - this looks plenty empty! Did you see any plant life (succulents) at all out there?

No succulents. :/ All there was were bushes with thorns.

Back