What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So..what is it?

• Thread starter nightsky
  • Start date

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcKpx2DxGwY

Supposedly under Cameron Village, NC. Appears real to me. Not a full size sewer, just one of those small feeder pipes. Notice the last one is hanging on to something near its top in the seam.

I guess some people are claiming they could possibly be a bryozoan, but every pic I was able to find of one doesn't look anything like in the video. Possibly a colony of worms? Whatever it is, let's hope they don't learn how to crawl against the water current...

Edit: Original link removed by user, added a working video link.

That's just nasty. But yeah, it's probably just a colony of worms reacting to the light...a nasty colony of worms...

Edit: Nice find, DrWurm. That's interesting... 350 million years old.

Does it appear private to you guys?

Does it appear private to you guys?

Yeah it's doing that to me now also. I included a different link of the same video in the OP. Although they claim it's some sort of alien :-))

Yeah it's doing that to me now also. I included a different link of the same video in the OP. Although they claim it's some sort of alien :-))

I like the guy who thought it was a Cloverfield viral ad.

Jason

Whatever it is, it was never mentioned in the civil engineering classes I took. Something like that might make some people look for a different major. Given the way some of the people are here, they'll probably switch to civil engineering to get closer to the blobs.

hahaha well said bruce! :) so sad and so true! :D

It looks like a cow heart covered in worms or something. Pretty hot.

I heard of a tremendous floating glob in a sewer a lot like that. Its nice to be in the digital age and get some video.... to have nightmares about!

Weirdest worms ever!

Looks like some sorta Lovecraftian horror that's waiting to feed and get bigger like a baby Shoggoth. Or maybe a tumescent growth of William Burroughs' parasitical "undifferentiated tissues" waiting for a host to leap onto and infect. :D

Either way I'd run screaming from the house if I saw that coming up in my toilet! So the worms just stay in a clump? I'm not saying that's not what it is but it's so weird that it all pulsates at once like a single organism like that.

One of my uncles is on the water dept, if I think of it when I see him I'm gonna ask if he's ever seen something like that when he's been down in the sewers. He had to rescue two teenagers who thought they could climb into the sewers through a manhole with no breathing equipment and make their great escape... Nope! They brought up one dead and one almost dead from prolonged exposure to sewer gasses. So don't any of you get any ideas to go spelunking to find some gross worm colonys! :nono:

Back