What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rack.. still working on it

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Picture001-8.jpg

Picture003-7.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Looks good

Looks almost full already! :D

very nice! im jealous. :)

Having full fluorescent lighting will be a major plus. Now I can utilize the entire tray, not just the portion closest to the window. I wonder how much a timer costs, so I can control the photoperiod.

Looking great Jim!! I just bought two timers for around $6 each at Walmart. The cheaper ones cooperate with me better. I had a more expensive, $15.00 one die only after a few months.

Good luck!
Crystal

Nice work Jim, and FWIW... Ive always had the best luck with the old style, cheap mechanical timers as well. Ive tried the digital programmables only to have them fail prematurely.
The cheap mechanicals run like the energizer bunny.

Av

Thanks, I'll have to check our local Walmart... or Home Depot, where I work, on weekends.

Outside rack:

Picture015-1.jpg

Looking good Jimscott! Nice & neat... but I kinda miss the ol' yogurt containers as pots:grin:

Yeah, well, my wife finds the "ghetto look" and my "creative engineering" NOT to her sense of aesthetics. Hey, this rack and the lighting works. The pings are coloring up a lot more.

Back