What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Determined to find a CP in the wild

So, i am going to southern indiana near the Ohio River this weekend amongst hundreds perhaps thousands of acres of wilderness and am determined to find some CPs.

My research shows that I only have a chance at finding some utrics or possibly a sundew if I am very lucky. My Dad who hunts this area has sworn that he has seen purps down there, but I think he is remembering a hunting trip to the northern part of indiana. I told him I need proof anyways. Perhaps a picture or some seed. :)

With that said, I honestly don't know much about utrics. I haven't been hit by the utric bug yet. What should I look for?

The property I will be on is private undeveloped land and it has a few small natural ponds and other various wet places so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I told him I need proof anyways. Perhaps a picture or some seed. :)

You should probably stick to pictures as proof.

xvart.

A photo is the best proof. Below, for instance, is proof of wild Sarracenias within 500 ft of the summit of Mt Everest. On the other hand, maybe you'll want a photo including a GPS display.

Sarracenia_leucophyllalarge.jpg

Yes, it was a joke. I wouldn't take seed from the wild until I determined the legality of doing so.

A pic from my father is proof enough for me. But yes I would need more than that before making any claims here.

Well, no luck. It rained most of the day so we cut our day short.

There are utrics in my parent's pond in central WV!

just for conservation's sake (and conversation's sake as well...), don't post any pics with gps locations of cp's... someone could get a bad idea and poach them...

Back