What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hope everyone enjoyed 12:34:56 7/8/9 day!

• Thread starter MrFlyTrap2
  • Start date

MrFlyTrap2

OMG h8 pings
I hope everyone's epic lunch hour / return from lunch / waking in the middle of the night was memorable... cause you don't get another one quite like this!

Hope you all had a happy 12:34:56 7/8/9 day!

(this was for the nerds, computer programmers, math people and those who just like numbers in order)

-Nathan

hmm..
except no one ever uses just a "9" to represent 2009..
so its not really legit.. ;)

1:23:45 6/7/89 was much more memorable! ;)

Scot

I prefer pie day.

Cool! I wouldn't have thought of it, I did think about 7-8-9 earlier. Though it doesn't hold a flame to my all-time fave 6-6-6! I worked that day and I remember using a red pen for the date on the job tickets cos I'm weird that way.

Huh, I use just "9" all the time and so do most of the people at my job. Think of all the time I saved over 9 years not writing in all those zeroes... :D

Anyway I had a good day, we're working overtime (we actually have some work!) so this was my day off. I got my digital painting magazine (Imagine FX) and bought my first Warhammer 40,000 sci-fi novel called "Mechanicum" by Graham McNeil because it's based on the Dark Mechanicum the anti-government faction of cyborg monks or "Tech Preists" (see my avatar) on mars who build war machines, titans and starships in the Warhammer universe. This is the tale of their rebellion away from the Emperor of All Mankind or the "Ominissiah". The first few chapters has some rather dreadful dialogue in the action scenes (awesome descriptions though) but now it's really getting good and has lots of neuroscience blended with sci-fi tech. And good conversation dialogue.

I had a great day too, didn't know why (couldn`t put my finger on it :D) but thanks for the info, i must be more observant :D

it was also 4:05:06 on 07/08/09

In which timezone is this celebrated? Lol.

I was actually coming back to work from lunch with a coworker and she said, "oh did you guys know today at, then she looked at the clock, and it was exactly the right time (except the seconds but it would have been close!). Strange timing just to randomly think about it.

and bought my first Warhammer 40,000 sci-fi novel called "Mechanicum" by Graham McNeil

I've always wanted to read the Horus Hersey books in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. I can only get it on inter-library loan for 10 days, which is not enough time for me to immerse myself in a new universe. Maybe the following volumes I could do in ten days... I think they storyline sounds great through all the volumes.

hmm..
except no one ever uses just a "9" to represent 2009..
so its not really legit.. ;)

Thanks, Debbie Downer. ;) Just kidding.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3yFSpml8oSw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3yFSpml8oSw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

xvart.

Lol, I love that!

Back