What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a few randoms

Didn't feel like each of these deserved a thread of their own, so here we go.

Newly repotted Cephalotus, 6" pot.
IMG_6282.jpg

Was at one of the local nurseries today, and was surprised to find a big tray full of baby Lithops in 2.5" pots. At less than two bucks a pop, I had to get more than one...
IMG_6284.jpg

IMG_6285.jpg

Lastly, one of my guava seedlings, freshly potted into 6" pots. I picked up a pack of these seeds over a year ago at a local Walmart. I initially didn't have any luck, but stuck a few seeds in with my albomarginata seedlings not too long ago just for the heck of it and had around 100% germination.
IMG_6289.jpg

Thats all for now...

Cool! Great color on those lithops.

Cute Cephalotus.

Don't over-water those Lithops. Be careful, because if those Lithops weren't grown in bright sun, you've got to acclimate them slowly, or they'll explode.

Whats a guava? lol, I can't think of anything.

Cute Cephalotus.

Don't over-water those Lithops. Be careful, because if those Lithops weren't grown in bright sun, you've got to acclimate them slowly, or they'll explode.

Thanks for the tips. I've a bit of experience with Lithops before, and I only keep them in bright shade/dappled light (under the arbor is a great place) now. The whole watering thing is going to be a bit of a learning curve, but I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Hey Andrew, long time no see. :) Great looking plants.

Thanks. Have been focusing on building up my gecko collection lately since the neps aren't really doing much in this heat. Night temps are good enough, but it's hard to keep it from heating up during the day. :/
That said, the albo seedlings are doing great...

Back